*** Official Fordham Game Thread ***

Mavric

Would love to see more Mauga-Clements.  Was cool seeing him and Pola Gates out there on D.  Same with Prochazka on the o line.  Hoping Toure can keep it up.  Looking good out there so far.  Smothers looked good besides the not so smart spin move attempt that resulted in the fumble.  I am anxious to see how this o line plays the rest of the way out.  There's only one Fordham on the schedule.

If we start this sloppy against any of our next opponents this season, they will take advantage and make us pay.  Of which we may never recover the rest of the game.  So tired of the sloppy ugly play.  I do not care if we win or lose at this point.  Just play solid quality football and the Ws and Ls will fall where they may. 

11 minutes ago, Bledred said:

If we start this sloppy against any of our next opponents this season, they will take advantage and make us pay.  Of which we may never recover the rest of the game.  So tired of the sloppy ugly play.  I do not care if we win or lose at this point.  Just play solid quality football and the Ws and Ls will fall where they may. 

That's the biggest monster on Nebraska football's back. When adversity hits, there's very little confidence that they can recover and make plays when they need to.

To a player, I genuinely think Nebraska has the raw potential and talent to be a top 25 team. Consistency just continues to evade them, and it can often be just a handful of plays in a game that can mean the difference between losing by two scores or winning by two scores. They too often find themselves on the wrong side of those key moments... like last week when instead of getting a turnover, they get a roughing the passer call followed up by unsportsmanlike conduct. Good teams either bounce back from those mistakes or don't make them in the first place.

• Plus1 2

26 minutes ago, Enhance said:

That's the biggest monster on Nebraska football's back. When adversity hits, there's very little confidence that they can recover and make plays when they need to.

To a player, I genuinely think Nebraska has the raw potential and talent to be a top 25 team. Consistency just continues to evade them, and it can often be just a handful of plays in a game that can mean the difference between losing by two scores or winning by two scores. They too often find themselves on the wrong side of those key moments... like last week when instead of getting a turnover, they get a roughing the passer call followed up by unsportsmanlike conduct. Good teams either bounce back from those mistakes or don't make them in the first place.

I couldn't agree more with the bolded..but I want to add that in all honesty, 99% of other teams also don't get those flags thrown to begin with. I watched  all of the college football games Thursday Friday and as many as I could today and I saw at least 8-10 plays exactly like ours or worse, NONE were called. I agree good teams don't make those mistakes, but sometimes those mistakes are just good plays if you are any team not named Nebraska...for us they're penalties.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Aliens05 said:

I couldn't agree more with the bolded..but I want to add that in all honesty, 99% of other teams also don't get those flags thrown to begin with. I watched  all of the college football games Thursday Friday and as many as I could today and I saw at least 8-10 plays exactly like ours or worse, NONE were called. I agree good teams don't make those mistakes, but sometimes those mistakes are just good plays if you are any team not named Nebraska...for us they're penalties.

This isn’t true and it looks bush league every time a Husker fan whines it.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

This isn’t true and it looks bush league every time a Husker fan whines it.

Not *every* time.

Remember our last year in the Big XII and the crew of dips***s we had for three games and there was something like a 36-9 disparity in penalties called over those three games. That was a legitimate case of being screwed. 

Or the 2009 Title Game that saw a fake second added back…when the clock operator had been s****y the whole game through and if they were consistent, there would have been something like 1:30 still left in that game? Yup. 

The Big XII saw some deliberate, inconsistent, malicious officiating against us at times. 

The B1G officiating is just consistently crappy all around…which *is* better. At least everyone has s****y officiating. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VectorVictor said:

Not *every* time.

Remember our last year in the Big XII and the crew of dips***s we had for three games and there was something like a 36-9 disparity in penalties called over those three games. That was a legitimate case of being screwed. 

Or the 2009 Title Game that saw a fake second added back…when the clock operator had been s****y the whole game through and if they were consistent, there would have been something like 1:30 still left in that game? Yup. 

The Big XII saw some deliberate, inconsistent, malicious officiating against us at times. 

The B1G officiating is just consistently crappy all around…which *is* better. At least everyone has s****y officiating. 

1 second added was the correct call, whether we like it or not. Replay was in effect. We were the first case like that, but the same call has been made many times after.

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, Enhance said:

I believe a mentally fragile team is a reflection of the coaching staff and the team's confidence in their system they implement more so than anything else.  I was watching a post-game interview of the new Alabama QB and what he talked about was his (and his team's) total confidence in their game plan and their preparation for the game and that they knew they would be successful and would be victorious no matter what. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, ZRod said:

1 second added was the correct call, whether we like it or not. Replay was in effect. We were the first case like that, but the same call has been made many times after.

Well, while the ball had to have hit the ground, we don't see it hit the ground because that dude is standing in the way.  All we see is the ball disappear behind the guy and they we see it reappear and going up again, since it hit the ground.  

But we don't actually see it hit the ground.

The spirit of the replay was used correctly to add 1 second.  The letter of the law according to replay was not used correctly.  

I agree with the call but replay never showed us what the ref actually needed to see.  

• Plus1 1