What did we learn? Fordham Edition

seaofred92

Didn’t see one of these made.

- I learned its still possible to have fun watching a Husker game

- Awesome to see us blow someone out. First blowout since 2018 @ Maryland 

- That linebacker for Fordham was incredible. Honestly one of the better performances by a LB I’ve seen in a while

- Great to see Manning get on the field and get some catches

- Backs ran hard at times

- Team finally seemed to get some confidence under them and it allowed things to snowball (in the right direction for once)

- We actually fought back through some adversity which was great to see

- Loved getting to see lots of different guys get PT today

- Creating turnovers is cool

Hopefully the team builds on this towards next week. Was glad to see us get a W (even covered!) and make the most of the opportunity we had today. Nice job gentlemen! GBR!

• Plus1 5

Toure is the real deal. Gotta feed him the ball until teams key in on him. Manning and co better be ready when they do.

I’ve been so excited for some of the bigger, stronger players to make their mark. Some of our Olineman, a lot of our Dlineman, and so on. Unfortunately, we don’t have a strong or agressive team.

• Plus1 2
10 minutes ago, C-4 said:

Toure is the real deal. Gotta feed him the ball until teams key in on him. Manning and co better be ready when they do.

I’ve been so excited for some of the bigger, stronger players to make their mark. Some of our Olineman, a lot of our Dlineman, and so on. Unfortunately, we don’t have a strong or agressive team.

This..Toure...the one legitimate offensive  thing over two games.

Stepp should be the option A at RB. Offense seems to flow easier with him in, churns out yards and isn't afraid of contact. Reminds me of Ozigbo. Offensive coaches should take notice and plug him in and ride him for awhile each game. Sub in Ervin, Scott, Morrison & Johnson as changes of pace but bulk of carries should go to Stepp. With some decent blocking, first downs should follow.

More pressure coverage in the secondary would be nice. Opponents seem to find big, open holes in our defense while we often struggle to get separation from defenses. 

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1

I learned over the first  2 games we actually do have 3-4 “go to” plays that seem to work. 
There really is a scheme they are pushing and ran plays that were cohesive. The long pitch out of motion, if executed properly is nearly unstoppable the way it’s drawn up (strong side left, slot TE blocks backside LB, DE has to take dive back, safety too far away, good blocking on perimeter by WR etc) 

if Martinez would be this decisive on a pass to run, he really is dangerous. 

granted we were much more talented but these are the games the players need to know they can run away from a team or beat someone inside a packed house, against  a different team, and build on it. 

defense looks like it can manage its own if offense does their part. 

put 2 together and see how it goes v OK 

• Plus1 5