What did we learn? Fordham Edition

seaofred92

I learned that UNI would dominate the Patriot League.

Also learned that Iowa State is the only team in nation that gives their kicker a standing ovation for kicking it through the end zone...AND that ESPN hates Iowa State fans (thanks, you ESPN arseholes for losing your stream of the game with 2 minutes left and UNI driving for a possible score...we'll add that to your settlement from the lawsuit).

oh...and Nebraska did pretty well except for their inside coverage, which sucked.  Plus it was funny to see CBT yell at Frost after he muffed another punt.  Don't think that guy likes being a punt returner...

• Plus1 3

8 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Watch when they GIVE to the RB- the spacing and effort isn't there with the QB and Orbit back. It does look like a true triple, but isn't.  Osbornes looked like they were- they weren't. 

You are correct on the blocking and we give it away by formation. Hope to see more of it AND see Allen come off that block on the LB and slide behind the safety for a big gain. It should be there. 

I mean you can do like Oz and call a run that looks like a "give", but every time Adrian keeps and Toure is the pitchman it's a legit triple option scheme. I almost wonder with the spacing if we'll see Adrian pull-up at some point this year and chuck it deep, or hit Toure on a wheel route.

2 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I mean you can do like Oz and call a run that looks like a "give", but every time Adrian keeps and Toure is the pitchman it's a legit triple option scheme. I almost wonder with the spacing if we'll see Adrian pull-up at some point this year and chuck it deep, or hit Toure on a wheel route.

It looks triple- just like Osborne, but its not unless there is a legit throwing choice on the play.  

Allen will be open- he "whiffs" on his LB block and slips behind the safety. 

The wheel may take a bit of time to set up. 

I liked the option to wide side of field inside the 10 for the TD- called it from my seat. 

35 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

It's college football.  Extrapolating what one opponent does vs another team then applying it to how good your team is never works.  Someone did this a few years back when Alabama won the national title with one loss.  It turned out they would have gotten stomped by Yale or some such.

I don't think Yale could have beat Alabama that year, but I do think UTSA could beat Nebraska this year.

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

UNI OFTEN times plays Iowa and ISU close

Lots of instate kids for all 3 teams- the UNI kids know they can hang and they often times do

Okay…?

But how does that translate to UNI dominating the Patriot League? Iowa State beat UNI by 6 points. Nebraska beat a Patriot league team by 45. I don’t see any connections at all.

If Cy wants to gloat after they handle Iowa and we don’t, Im good with that. But I’d be keeping my head down after my 7th ranked team eeked out a 6 pt victory over UNI while Nebraska actually handled business over an inferior opponent.

1 hour ago, Nebraska55fan said:

It looks triple- just like Osborne, but its not unless there is a legit throwing choice on the play.  

Allen will be open- he "whiffs" on his LB block and slips behind the safety. 

The wheel may take a bit of time to set up. 

I liked the option to wide side of field inside the 10 for the TD- called it from my seat. 

That TD was a triple dude. Two guys were unblocked. 2 reads & 3 options:

1. Give RB
  2. QB Keep
  3. Pitch

You don't leave two edge guys unblocked on any other play but that.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1