Buffalo Week Pressers

Mavric

On 9/7/2021 at 6:20 AM, teachercd said:

It is so lame that this is a game that we are worried about.  

The line is -14 but would any of you be shocked if this was a 1 point game or if Buffalo just flat out won by 10?

You are right that it’s lame to be worried about this game, yet here we are. 

I wish I had confidence in Frost, but I just don’t.  I will be thrilled to proven wrong - Long Term, not just this weekend.  If Frost is able to make NU an annual contender in the B1G West, I won’t shut up about how wrong I would have been.

• Plus1 5
55 minutes ago, Husker4Real said:

You are right that it’s lame to be worried about this game, yet here we are. 

I wish I had confidence in Frost, but I just don’t.  I will be thrilled to proven wrong - Long Term, not just this weekend.  If Frost is able to make NU an annual contender in the B1G West, I won’t shut up about how wrong I would have been.

Agreed.  He's young and could be here a very long time.  Establishing a destination culture by being here a long time, and having success, is huge.  He would not be a guy that would go elsewhere to coach.  The parallels to Osborne could be there; Tom started off much better obviously, he couldn't win big games.  Scott's teams are laying eggs against teams they should beat handily.  

I would love to see a turnaround.  I still have his coach announcement video from four years ago favorited.  We just need to see results.  He continue to talk about the players needing to see good things happen.  Well, a lot of good happened in the 52-7 win.  Now build from it.  No excuses.  No hiding.  Seize it now.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

Agreed.  He's young and could be here a very long time.  Establishing a destination culture by being here a long time, and having success, is huge.  He would not be a guy that would go elsewhere to coach.  The parallels to Osborne could be there; Tom started off much better obviously, he couldn't win big games.  Scott's teams are laying eggs against teams they should beat handily.  

I would love to see a turnaround.  I still have his coach announcement video from four years ago favorited.  We just need to see results.  He continue to talk about the players needing to see good things happen.  Well, al to of good happened in the 52-7 win.  Now build from it.  No excuses.  No hiding.  Seize it now.

Agree.

We need to start seeing results on the field.  I wasn't too worried after the first two years.  Last year was a big disappointment, but you can figure COVID had something to do with that with a young team and no spring ball.  I was very disappointed in the Illinois game.  They came out then and did what they should do with Fordham.  Now, they need to build on that and do the same thing against Buffalo.

Frost took over a very very different program than Osborne did.  That's why I wasn't too worried about the first two years.  But, now it's time to start winning games we should win and being competitive in others.

• Plus1 3

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

No word on Manning? 

No, there wasn't any mention of him from the media guys.  One poster on RSS said he was seen in a walking boot but I've seen no confirmation of that.  And it's not uncommon for them to put someone in a boot for a day or two as rehab even if they're not really hurt that badly.  But I don't know what the story is for sure.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Undone said:

So who do we put back there to receive punts then if Martin is still out? Maybe Levi Falck?

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bbtcffrrridbk1zbiio3

Frost seems pretty set on CTB, which I don't like. The one last week was a tough hop, but he's just consistently made the wrong decisions in fielding them - difficult or not, that can't happen. But given the #3 appears to be Brody Belt, I'm guessing the more explosive guys (Brown, Nixon?, Rahmir) aren't great at actually catching the punts. Which is just as important as making good decisions on whether or not to field it.

• Plus1 2
Just now, Husker in WI said:

Frost seems pretty set on CTB, which I don't like. The one last week was a tough hop, but he's just consistently made the wrong decisions in fielding them - difficult or not, that can't happen. But given the #3 appears to be Brody Belt, I'm guessing the more explosive guys (Brown, Nixon?, Rahmir) aren't great at actually catching the punts. Which is just as important as making good decisions on whether or not to field it.

We are at a place in our punt return phase of the game where I'm pretty sure the only thing that matters is just catching the ball. Expecting to make any kind of actual return upfield is like...a completely unrealistic expectation.

We gotta crawl before we can walk in that area.