Fordham Play-by-Play

Mavric

18 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

There was some good blocking on this play.  But, it's also a very good run by Morrison.  Still wish he would have started against Illinois and got enough carries to get in a groove.

I still think what happened in that game though is that Illinois was selling out against the run and Frost didn't adjust early enough to try to out-scheme what they were doing on defense in the first half.

11 hours ago, Mavric said:

A little surprised Brown did get in a little earlier.  This play shows what he can do with the ball in his hands.  Chris Berman would love this play.

unless there's another player on offense with the same number, he was on the field on offense in the 2nd or early 3rd quarter. was only one play and he wasnt targeted.

• Plus1 2
26 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

If the QB keeps this ball he might still be running.  Don't want to be negative, was a nice play.  However, we will see mobile QBs burn us if we don't stay disciplined.  

I don't think so.  They were reading Gunnerson and he played it right.  Spied the QB until he knew it was a give then chased.

No way that QB out-runs Gunnerson to the edge.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
15 hours ago, Mavric said:

Again, I'm not trying to talk down Stepp.  But I think I could have gotten 10-12 yards on this play.  If I didn't pull a hammy first...

I know the Stepp run play as DART.  It's inside zone w/a pulling OT being utilized as a lead blocker.  For a team having difficulty getting to the 2nd level on IZ, DART addresses that.