At This Point Why Continue To....

Aliens05

13 minutes ago, Aliens05 said:

Even field a **** punt???? 

Just play a base punt protect to avoid a fake and literally don't even have anyone run back to attempt to field it or block.... don't attempt to field another one for the rest of the season until you hire a special teams dedicated coach. 

I agree you should change the title of this post to special teams which at this point deserves some serious discussion maybe more than anything at this point. Special teams right now is as sorry as it could possibly be. Change must be made and fans need to demand it. It is killing us.

8 minutes ago, GSG said:

... create a thread. We don't need a new thread every time you're on the s#!tter for inane bulls#!t thoughts

Special teams needs its own thread it's a very very serious discussion right now

9 minutes ago, GSG said:

... create a thread. We don't need a new thread every time you're on the s#!tter for inane bulls#!t thoughts

A lot of people want to discuss special teams right now

• Thanks 5
13 minutes ago, GSG said:

I mean if you don't think continuing to muff punts that lead to turnovers and getting safeties off punt returns in all 3 games we've played this season isn't an important discussion topic, I guess I'm not sure what is?

• Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, ndobney said:

I honestly think special teams is an easy fix and if we do that we are a bowl team. Fix the o line and remember they are still young and we can contend in the west again. If we could start getting some calls we are a decent team.

Weve been saying that for several years now. 

The special teams "emphasis" is either lip service or HORRRIFIC coaching. 

3 hours ago, BigRedN said:

Continue to see that even against three crappy teams in a row that the OL is not fixed.  We need at a minimum 2-3 OL 4+ star recruits each and every season moving forward.  

Need guys getting paid bank to fix the OL...Unsure what they do well.  Pass pro seems better than run pro.  Scheme to that.  Attack the edge with the running game.  I liked the 2 back set.  Use that for some counters, traps, misdirection.  Another blocker etc 

• Plus1 2

News flash- we are not Alabama or one of the other top teams.  This isn't going to happen overnight.  Many issues are being fixed.  We are definitely getting better.  The immediate drunken knee jerk reaction when things don't go perfectly is annoying.  Some fans in the stadium today were outright embarrassing.  One group was chanting smothers early in the first quarter.  Same group was booing when CTB was sent out to field a punt.  The muff was not his fault in any way but people were screaming at him and Frost for it. 

People need to be realistic and enjoy a great win.  If you just want to be mad to be mad, stay home.    

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Hilltop said:

News flash- we are not Alabama or one of the other top teams.  This isn't going to happen overnight.  Many issues are being fixed.  We are definitely getting better.  The immediate drunken knee jerk reaction when things don't go perfectly is annoying.  Some fans in the stadium today were outright embarrassing.  One group was chanting smothers early in the first quarter.  Same group was booing when CTB was sent out to field a punt.  The muff was not his fault in any way but people were screaming at him and Frost for it. 

People need to be realistic and enjoy a great win.  If you just want to be mad to be mad, stay home.    

I won't say CTB was blameless in the muffed punt today. He is the one who is supposed to know where that ball is going to land, and he needs to take charge out there to tell everyone to get the eff out of the way. The universal call for short punt is PETER!!!! Of course we can't hear what's being said/yelled on the field, but CTB needs to ensure that nobody is near the ball when it's about to land. He didn't do what he was supposed to, and instead tried to come up in a crowd to catch the ball.