At This Point Why Continue To....

Aliens05

9 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

And if he had gotten the pick six you would have critiqued the play the same... come on... really?

If you are gonna go for the pick in that situation, you better damn well make the pick.  What he did was unacceptable at this level of play.  Otherwise make the tackle and get the ball of the 50 after the punt.  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 3
4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

If you are gonna go for the pick in that situation, you better damn well make the pick.  What he did was unacceptable at this level of play.  Otherwise make the tackle and get the ball of the 50 after the punt.  

Either make the pick or tip the ball away. He did neither.  I'm a big believer in guys just doing their jobs. CTB's main job is to make sure the Buffalo receiver doesn't get a first down. That should have easily been done with a tackle 2 yards short of the first down. CTB was trying to do "more than his job" and it could have cost NU. He's been trying to do "more than his job" as a punt returner and it was a big factor in a NU loss.

• Plus1 3
16 minutes ago, twofittyonred said:

You realize we are trying to move AWAY from mediocracy..?  Correct..?

Incorrect.  We have been well below mediocre for several years.  We are hoping to be a 7ish win team this year... In other words we are hoping to move up to mediocre level.  That's reality.  

Fans can choose to enjoy the process or they can choose to be pissed until our next championship.  Might be mad for a while if you choose the latter.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

Fordham plays in a multipurpose stadium that holds 7,000 people (and does not sell out). Buffalo's stadium is about 3 times bigger at 20,000 capacity (rarely 1/2 full). Not exactly what I would call powerhouses. Many high schools have bigger facilities. Counting either of these as quality wins at all is a big reach. I really hope (I really do) that Nebraska shows up next week. Not only is Oklahoma rolling, but I think that Frost trying to get out of it to schedule another Fordham or Buffalo does not sit well with Oklahoma. When Nebraska joined the B1G everybody was in great hopes that they would bring some more prestige and $$$ to the members. Hopefully one of these years that will happen. I will be rooting for Nebraska next week because the B1G needs every win it can get.

• Plus1 2
19 hours ago, Hilltop said:

People need to be realistic and enjoy a great win.   

I didn't watch the game ... so it might not be fair to address this statement.  What I did do was read through the live thread as the game was played.  Thus, I'm speaking on behalf of reading that thread live and what the board said during the game.

By no means would one poster in that thread state, "that was a great win."  If anything, it seemed like the comments being expressed after each play were fairly realistic.  Sure, lots of "opinion" but there opinion of what they felt was real.  No one expressed that it was "a great win" nor that we played well in the OL or special teams.

4 hours ago, Hilltop said:

Incorrect.  We have been well below mediocre for several years.  We are hoping to be a 7ish win team this year... In other words we are hoping to move up to mediocre level.  That's reality.  

Fans can choose to enjoy the process or they can choose to be pissed until our next championship.  Might be mad for a while if you choose the latter.

This is such a lame narrative.  Posters here aren't happy unless we win a championship. That is absolute nonsense. This isn't a championship or bust fan base- hasn't been for a very long time. 

We just long for well played, well coached college football. We want to see progress in all three facets of the game. We want to see the culture changing and us moving forward instead of making mistakes bad teams do- to mess up their games and teams. 

It's pushing a false narrative. Like most Husker fans I was expecting a 6-6 season, HOPING for a 7-5 season and looking for legit progress in all three phases of the game as well as team culture and coaching. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
6 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

This is such a lame narrative.  Posters here aren't happy unless we win a championship. That is absolute nonsense. This isn't a championship or bust fan base- hasn't been for a very long time. 

We just long for well played, well coached college football. We want to see progress in all three facets of the game. We want to see the culture changing and us moving forward instead of making mistakes bad teams do- to mess up their games and teams. 

It's pushing a false narrative. Like most Husker fans I was expecting a 6-6 season, HOPING for a 7-5 season and looking for legit progress in all three phases of the game as well as team culture and coaching. 

You didn't even read the comment I was commenting on so taking my message completely out of context.  That's lame.

There is progress in all 3 facets of the game.  To many fans see a mistake or a field goal miss and claim nothing has gotten better.  With your coaching acumen, surely you are capable of recognizing this.

12 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

You didn't even read the comment I was commenting on so taking my message completely out of context.  That's lame.

There is progress in all 3 facets of the game.  To many fans see a mistake or a field goal miss and claim nothing has gotten better.  With your coaching acumen, surely you are capable of recognizing this.

I saw a running game that minus a 70 yard scramble was an inconsistent mess- less than 4 yards a rush. Offensive line- well they are pretty offensive to us long term Husker fans.  Pass pro- little improvement. Buffalo put pressure most of the game with 4- didn't have to blitz.  That won't cut it in the BIG. 

Special teams- 3 MISSED field goals, a muffed punt and another punt that went less than 30 yards and was downed on the 21. That's really not progress. That wont cut it in the BIG. 

Defense looked good, it has been the best part of this team since game 1. don't have much of a pass rush though. 

No turnovers, Toure can threaten deep and Martinez only blew 2 passes- were positives. 

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, Hilltop said:

There is progress in the D as a unit...O is not progressing as a unit, there is positives sprinkled in there as has been the case for the past couple years...but as a unit the O will not progress until all groups in that unit take similar steps

• Plus1 1

Would be cool to see a recruiting pitch to 5 of the top 50 OL in the country...come here and be the first fab 5 in OL recruiting history. We need to start from scratch at the OL, make that your HIGHEST priority in O recruiting for the next 2 years...you can always find skill players in the transfer portal, grab FCS playmakers at the very least and couple them with a dominant OL

It was a good win.  If you win a game in which you get 3 TD called back on what i though were pretty bogus calls and your all conference kicker misses 4 field goals its a good win.  Buffalo albiet a "lesser" opponent is a good team.  They will have  a good year.  This win might just have been what the doctor ordered for this Husker team to turn the corner 

1 hour ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

It was a good win.  If you win a game in which you get 3 TD called back on what i though were pretty bogus calls and your all conference kicker misses 4 field goals its a good win.  Buffalo albiet a "lesser" opponent is a good team.  They will have  a good year.  This win might just have been what the doctor ordered for this Husker team to turn the corner 

I can appreciate this view

3 hours ago, UniversalMartin said:

There is progress in the D as a unit...O is not progressing as a unit, there is positives sprinkled in there as has been the case for the past couple years...but as a unit the O will not progress until all groups in that unit take similar steps

Your take is what drives me crazy about this fan base. 

Do you remember what the offensive issues have been for the past 2-3 years?  Turnovers... Check.  Drive killing penalties... Check.  No down field passing threat... Check.  Yes, our offensive line has a lot of work to do but to not give credit for the obvious progress is ridiculous.  They are getting better and there is very obvious progress.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1