At This Point Why Continue To....

Aliens05

1 minute ago, Hilltop said:

Your take is what drives me crazy about this fan base. 

Do you remember what the offensive issues have been for the past 2-3 years?  Turnovers... Check.  Drive killing penalties... Check.  No down field passing threat... Check.  Yes, our offensive line has a lot of work to do but to not give credit for the obvious progress is ridiculous.  They are getting better and there is very obvious progress.

You didn't really READ my post, did you? I basically said, our offense has sprinkles of growth but until the OL starts matching those sprinkles as a group our Offense will not get better. Our D, POSITIONALLY, has gotten better, there in our D has as a unit gotten better. Our Offense is not doing that across the board as a UNIT.

4 minutes ago, UniversalMartin said:

You didn't really READ my post, did you? I basically said, our offense has sprinkles of growth but until the OL starts matching those sprinkles as a group our Offense will not get better. Our D, POSITIONALLY, has gotten better, there in our D has as a unit gotten better. Our Offense is not doing that across the board as a UNIT.

I read your drivel...  Significantly improving the 3 major issues we have suffered from is far from "sprinkles".  Do you understand the word progress?  No, we aren't a finished product, but we are closer today than at any point last year.

Should we as a fan base be satisfied?  Of course not.  However we can recognize the improvements, and celebrate them, while we hope for more progress.

• Plus1 2
58 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I read your drivel...  Significantly improving the 3 major issues we have suffered from is far from "sprinkles".  Do you understand the word progress?  No, we aren't a finished product, but we are closer today than at any point last year.

Should we as a fan base be satisfied?  Of course not.  However we can recognize the improvements, and celebrate them, while we hope for more progress.

"drivel"..lol, good work.

I don't really know what to tell ya bud...you seem really focused on on acknowledging things a basic offense should not do in general "stupid penalties" and "turnovers" as something that should get a birthday cake each week. I guess at the end of the day, I will bake em a cake for that...yay, progress!!!!

In reality all I am saying is the D is making consistent progress in cohesion, all position groups are improving within the unit...the O is not doing that...they have positives in a areas, but no sustained consistency, which is what we are seeing with the D, in the same time frame 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

6 hours ago, Hilltop said:

Your take is what drives me crazy about this fan base. 

Do you remember what the offensive issues have been for the past 2-3 years?  Turnovers... Check.  Drive killing penalties... Check.  No down field passing threat... Check. 

How many touchdowns were called back due to penalty? Was it 2 or 3? One was by the very same silly preventable penalty we had against Illinois- the pick- offensive pass interference.

Yes no turnovers is an absolute plus. NU threw deep 2 times and Toure definitely performs as advertised- thank you transfer portal.

On 9/11/2021 at 10:57 PM, Hilltop said:

I haven't gone back to watch video.  In person you could hear him (I was close) and it appeared his blockers were pushed into him... but I'll watch tonight.  

My main point was people are just b!^@hing to b!^@h instead of seeing the progress.  It is getting better.

From Coach Frost- "We got to be screaming 'Peter, Peter, Peter,' and get everybody away from the punt return," Frost said. "We got to train them even better than we have trained them." 

So not sure Frost agrees with you here. If CTB was yelling Peter Peter as you claim- not sure why Frost would say this if it wasn't true. Im guessing Frost was close enough to hear- better than any fans. https://247sports.com/college/nebraska/LongFormArticle/Nebraska-football-Buffalo-Bulls-recap-Caonnor-Culp-170801803/#170801803_1

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, UniversalMartin said:

"drivel"..lol, good work.

I don't really know what to tell ya bud...you seem really focused on on acknowledging things a basic offense should not do in general "stupid penalties" and "turnovers" as something that should get a birthday cake each week. I guess at the end of the day, I will bake em a cake for that...yay, progress!!!!

In reality all I am saying is the D is making consistent progress in cohesion, all position groups are improving within the unit...the O is not doing that...they have positives in a areas, but no sustained consistency, which is what we are seeing with the D, in the same time frame 

I guess you and I don't agree what progress is.  Our defense is playing at a pretty elite level and honestly has for most of last year and the first 3 games this year.  They look even better this year because our other teams are placing them in better positions so far and we have played much weaker teams.

The offense had a long, long ways to go to catch up to the D's level.  In my opinion they have closed that gap some.  That's progress imo.  Hopefully it continues as our competition level increases.

8 minutes ago, Mavric said:

You've picked us to lose the last two games so this is probably a good sign.

I agree Mavric.  It's been a great start to the season thus far.  We are well on our way.  Perhaps you are correct and the OL is fixed.  

Curious to ask what makes you think we get 2-3 4* recruits in the OL this year and the next?  Who's on your horizon?  That would be amazing news.

2 hours ago, Nebraska55fan said:

From Coach Frost- "We got to be screaming 'Peter, Peter, Peter,' and get everybody away from the punt return," Frost said. "We got to train them even better than we have trained them." 

So not sure Frost agrees with you here. If CTB was yelling Peter Peter as you claim- not sure why Frost would say this if it wasn't true. Im guessing Frost was close enough to hear- better than any fans. https://247sports.com/college/nebraska/LongFormArticle/Nebraska-football-Buffalo-Bulls-recap-Caonnor-Culp-170801803/#170801803_1

If this is the case, then Frost is the problem.  It’s him putting CTB back there each and every game despite the boneheaded plays every game. 

It seems as though CTB is pretty un-coachable in aspect  of the game and it’s the coaches fault for not figuring out what everyone else seems to know 

• Plus1 1
28 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

I agree Mavric.  It's been a great start to the season thus far.  We are well on our way.  Perhaps you are correct and the OL is fixed.  

Curious to ask what makes you think we get 2-3 4* recruits in the OL this year and the next?  Who's on your horizon?  That would be amazing news.

We don't need 2-3 4* recruits, we need someone who can develop lineman. Getting high rated guys doesn't matter if you can't develop, and if you can develop, you can turn 3*'s with 4* mixed in into the best lines in the country.  See our own division for evidence.

30 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

If this is the case, then Frost is the problem.  It’s him putting CTB back there each and every game despite the boneheaded plays every game. 

It seems as though CTB is pretty un-coachable in aspect  of the game and it’s the coaches fault for not figuring out what everyone else seems to know 

I'm very confident the time and precise coaching needed in special teams just isn't happening. You can practice something really well and tell kids certain coaching points, some kids no matter how much you practice something- will have a problem executing it in a game. ESPECIALLY when it comes to punt returns. Some kids are just gamers and some aren't when it comes to punt returns. 

If you've ever returned punts, IMO it's the toughest thing to do well in football. Kickoffs are totally different, returning punts sucks- speaking from experience,  I hated it and wasn't very good at it either. 

10 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

I'm very confident the time and precise coaching needed in special teams just isn't happening. You can practice something really well and tell kids certain coaching points, some kids no matter how much you practice something- will have a problem executing it in a game. ESPECIALLY when it comes to punt returns. Some kids are just gamers and some aren't when it comes to punt returns. 

If you've ever returned punts, IMO it's the toughest thing to do well in football. Kickoffs are totally different, returning punts sucks- speaking from experience,  I hated it and wasn't very good at it either. 

I did it for 2 seasons and we would put two returners back there.  In 2 seasons no one ever punted to my side which I was fine with.  I would just run up and block the 1st man I saw.  I was fine in practice but in games I would be saying in my head "don't kick it to me".  

• Plus1 1