Buffalo Game Highlights

Mavric

We've gotten some pretty terrible results from going empty backfield, 5 wide so far this season. But you gotta love Frost's play call here.

He switches it up on a 1st down play call. And why is this one successful? Because our base 5 linemen actually pass protect. This play is a dagger and I think it's one where B1G teams that watch our tape to prepare for us will be worried:

Look at the routes everybody not name Samori Toure are running; it puts Toure in a one-on-one situation. Martinez throws a perfect pass, Toure houses it.

Seriously awesome in all respects (coaching, play calling, execution).

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Undone said:

Double tight end set. The other team is committing to stopping the run so they have some kind of prayer of getting the ball back.

Samori "Full Grown Man" Toure burns his guy, there's no deep help, and Martinez throws a dime:

Has Martinez proven he can throw a deep ball yet?

27 minutes ago, All Hail Herbie said:

This game produced highlights?  Sounds as if we also have a few coaching prospects on this board so if anyone is interested in the job in 15 months, please submit your resume.  For $5 million annually, I would think one of our own could do better than the 2 wins we will finish with this year.

Enjoy life a little.

• Plus1 5
  • Oh Yeah! 1
7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Has Martinez proven he can throw a deep ball yet?

And it's interesting because what is one huge similarity between 2018 and 2021? Well, both seasons had at least one really athletic receiver not under 6'0" tall that was fast, knew how to get open, and has great hands (Morgan, Toure).

When Adrian gets time to throw, I am convinced that his accuracy on medium/long passes meets or exceeds expectations when you take in the entire context of his skill sets.

1 minute ago, All Hail Herbie said:

I have since I stopped watching these games each and every Saturday.

Well then enjoy the highlights in that case, my friend!

• Plus1 2

Just now, Undone said:

And it's interesting because what is one huge similarity between 2018 and 2021? Well, both seasons had at least one really athletic receiver not under 6'0" tall that knew how to get open and has great hands (Morgan, Toure).

When Adrian gets time to throw, I am convinced that his accuracy on medium/long passes meets or exceeds expectations when you take in the entire context of his skill sets.

Well then enjoy the highlights in that case, my friend!

Absolutely.  My backyard is a landscape paradise since Coach Riley came aboard!  No lost or ruined weekends any longer.  Several of my neighbors are Husker fans who still torturously devote themselves to these games each week.  I do feel for them as I know the result of the game when they walk outside 4 hours after kickoff still steaming.  Timing is everything in life and sometimes you just need to set something aside for awhile for your own good.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ahhh....so, you're well informed on the games.  Good.

Correct again.  In addition to highlights (or lowlights) and box score, I can reliably count on the best college football fans in the country to keep me informed courtesy of this board.

Of course, let's not forget our wonderful and enterprising journalists at the LJS or OWH!  There's that sarcasm again.