Buffalo Game Highlights

Mavric

14 minutes ago, All Hail Herbie said:

Correct again.  In addition to highlights (or lowlights) and box score, I can reliably count on the best college football fans in the country to keep me informed courtesy of this board.

Of course, let's not forget our wonderful and enterprising journalists at the LJS or OWH!  There's that sarcasm again.

I do throw in some sarcasm sometimes.

5 hours ago, Undone said:

Ok, what do you guys think about this one? Is there any room to say that this is a play where Stepp has license to read it and bounce outside? If he bounces it outside to the left it's a huge gain.

I understand we're trying to get the first down on this play though.

I guess I haven't seen anything from Stepp to make me think he has really good vision for things like that.

• Plus1 2

17 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Question:

Late in the game, we were going to punt, our punt team was going on the field, Frost called them back over to the sidelines, we were flagged for delay of game, then he sent them back out and punted.

Why did he do that?  I was at the game and didn't have the advantage of listening to announcers or anything up close.

To give the punter a little more room to work with - I've never really like that, but it's been done before. At a certain point being that close to the end zone is a little tricky to finesse, it's not super easy to take the right amount off of a punt. I assume they know from practice what distances he can consistently hit and that wasn't one of them, but could also just be telling him to kick for a bounce and getting him more room there.

Kinda surprised we haven't done a rugby style punt yet, wonder if we roll those out against OU.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Husker in WI said:

To give the punter a little more room to work with - I've never really like that, but it's been done before. At a certain point being that close to the end zone is a little tricky to finesse, it's not super easy to take the right amount off of a punt. I assume they know from practice what distances he can consistently hit and that wasn't one of them, but could also just be telling him to kick for a bounce and getting him more room there.

Kinda surprised we haven't done a rugby style punt yet, wonder if we roll those out against OU.

But, they around mid field. If I remember, the penalty even put them back across the 50. I think the punt only made it to around the 20. 

On 9/13/2021 at 11:41 AM, All Hail Herbie said:

I have since I stopped watching these games each and every Saturday.  I do enjoy commiserating with the Husker faithful on this Board.  Great fans who are long overdue for, and deserving of, a winner once more.

so you are the picture next to the dictionary entry for "fair weather fan"

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2

Just now, Nebraska55fan said:

Or chalk it up to another inept special teams play or coaching gaffe. Which is probably more plausible. 

I suppose, the other possibility is Frost was mulling going for it and ran out of time. Take the penalty rather than rush the punt team on and potentially miss a block. All in all it's a harmless penalty, the 5 yards in that part of the field (within the punter's range to the end zone) is pretty meaningless. 

4 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I suppose, the other possibility is Frost was mulling going for it and ran out of time. Take the penalty rather than rush the punt team on and potentially miss a block. All in all it's a harmless penalty, the 5 yards in that part of the field (within the punter's range to the end zone) is pretty meaningless. 

Just sloppy play IMO. Like having 12 on the field so many times at Illinois and struggling to get them off the field. 

Ever heard of the broken glass concept when it comes to policing? If they can control the little things like broken windows- it sets precedence for being able to do the big things right. Same goes for football. 

We played a cleaner game on Saturday, but for the last decade plus, NU has been known for playing sloppy undisciplined football, that's a fact. . Delay of game penalties and not managing the clock effectively are symptoms of that . 

Was our last field goal, the one in the waning seconds of the game, good? 

Couple of the radio heads (not sure which) were talking about how the refs missed it and that they were hot too and wanted the game over. 

that’s a joke, right? My recording cut off at about the minute and half mark.