Buffalo: What Did We Learn?

Mavric

3 minutes ago, SECHusker said:

Our o-line is holding us back, and all of their jobs should be up for grabs.

It's clearer now.  The issue has made Adrian look poorer against better comp.  I'm not saying Adrian has played at all conf levels, but our O Line is awful.  

Thanks, Austin and Duval.

Also, Toure is better than Wan'dale.  Without him we may be yelling at the WR group more too.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 2

After seeing this game, I don’t expect to win another game this year.  
The offensive line is not good enough to establish a solid ruining game, especially short yardage on third downs.  Special teams is not good enough and the penalties killing momentum and scores.

Every team for the rest of the year will much better than Buffalo and I expect their QBs to equal or better than Van Trease.

I am worried that OU will embarrass us with something like a 63-13 game.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 4
  • Oh Yeah! 1
6 minutes ago, ndobney said:

Special teams is a joke. Way over shadows anything else, but refs are complete crap we are we going to benefit from some of these crappy calls?

Granted I was somewhat in and out of the game...but what specific calls were crappy? Honest question as I did not watch the entirety of the game, probably 65% without fast forwarding at points (I usually record games and start them an hour into it)...of that 65% the only call I saw as garbage was the pick/o interference on the 1st TD 

It was really interesting watching Oregon v OSU before Nebraska v Buffalo. In year 4 now I expected our offense to run more similarly to Oregon’s.  Oregon has a great OL, they protect the QB, their backs get through the holes, the QB is efficient with his throws and can run when needed. They use the TE well and go up tempo as needed.  The WR’s are good and have to be respected downfield but it’s not a big air it out pass offense.

When I watch our offense we don’t base run well. Then it sort of turns into backyard football with what can 2AM do with his arm or legs. This can work ok vs like a Buffalo but is very concerning next week vs OU and going into Big 10 play.

So I’ll take the win but the eye test is we have a long way to go with this offense which by now I would have thought would be more dominant.

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1