Buffalo: What Did We Learn?

Mavric

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Just curious, were you saying the same thing Week 1? Of course we look better over the past two weeks; we played poor competition.

You're right, NU did play poor competition, and NU did what they were supposed to do against poor competition.  Next week, NU plays one of the best teams in the country and likely will get smoked. We probably won't learn anything from that game either. However, there are plenty of games left in this season to see if there is any progress being made by this staff. It could go either way. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Just curious, were you saying the same thing Week 1? Of course we look better over the past two weeks; we played poor competition.

You’re not curious snd you know the answer to that. 

did you read the part of my post about prediction’s for today’s game? First it’s a win by a slim margin and when we win convincingly, they’re a bad team. 

just curious, how do feel about Adrian? 

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

You're right, NU did play poor competition, and NU did what they were supposed to do against poor competition.  Next week, NU plays one of the best teams in the country and likely will get smoked. We probably won't learn anything from that game either. However, there are plenty of games left in this season to see if there is any progress being made by this staff. It could go either way. 

Oklahoma is the level of team we need to be competing with. If we get blown out next week, we learn that we haven't improved at all from Year 1. We at least need to have a competitive game.

Just now, krc1995 said:

You’re not curious snd you know the answer to that. 

did you read the part of my post about prediction’s for today’s game? First it’s a win by a slim margin and when we win convincingly, they’re a bad team. 

just curious, how do feel about Adrian? 

Playing well against poor competition. Let's see how he does next week.

I’m starting to think this defensive unit might be the best we’ve had in quite a few years. I think they’ve been under rated due to constantly being put in tough positions by a lackluster offense and awful special teams. I really think this unit is good enough to keep us in most of the games the rest of the way if the offense doesn’t let them down. 

I’m still having a hard time forgiving this team for the Illinois game and I think a lot of you are too. This was a good win and I think we’d all be much happier about it if we were 3-0. 

I really like the talent we have at the skill positions and I think our overall depth is the best it’s been in a while. It wouldn’t surprise me if this group came together and had a good season still. It also wouldn’t surprise me if we got curb stomped by Oklahoma and we completely went off the rails. We’ll know a lot more next week, GBR!

• Plus1 2
10 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I couldn't care less how we compete against the Fordhams and Buffalos of the world. Beat someone with a pulse and then I'll be impressed.

I think Buffalo isn’t as bad as people think. I still think Scott Frost is basically interviewing for his job on a weekly basis right now, but Buffalo is not weak sauce.  Frost did a decent job given the heat, the officials, and his tendency to shoot himself on the foot. Plus they covered the spread easily. 

• Plus1 2