Buffalo: What Did We Learn?

Mavric

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

So, you are expecting NU to lose the remaining games on the schedule. So, you shouldn't be mad and upset if that happens, because that's what you expect and you really shouldn't be mad if NU is playing to your expectations. 

I'm mad they are playing at my expectations!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

So, you are expecting NU to lose the remaining games on the schedule. So, you shouldn't be mad and upset if that happens, because that's what you expect and you really shouldn't be mad if NU is playing to your expectations. 

It doesn't really work like that. If they're playing to those expectations then we all have plenty to be mad about.  Just because you expect something, that doesn't make it good.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, admo said:

I don't think this guy knows what he's talking about. 

The pick play on the TD pass was from the slot, 2nd man from the top.  He cleared out 2 defenders on the play.  This is his job.  But he has to look back to the QB.  Otherwise it gets called 90 times out of 100.  Alabama runs it.  Clemson runs it.  We run it.  Everybody runs it.  The NE Patriots perfected it 15+ years ago.  You can't just clear out defenders on pass play.  It's illegal, but does not get called when the pick man looks back to the QB

Correct

That is the SECOND time this season- NU has been called for it. It's blatant, no need for the receiver to put hands on the defender and NOT look back. 

That is a coaching issue. Sam is off his rocker. 

3 hours ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Correct

That is the SECOND time this season- NU has been called for it. It's blatant, no need for the receiver to put hands on the defender and NOT look back. 

That is a coaching issue. Sam is off his rocker. 

That was a bulls#!t call this week.  The previous weeks call was probably correct.  You are correct though that our receivers need to sell the pick better and turn their heads towards the QB

• Plus1 2
14 minutes ago, hunter49 said:

yup, especially horrible.  cant even field a punt. brilliant coaching, let it go over your head!

Dawson sucks.

I complain about ST constantly but I'm not going to blame Dawson solely. He has 2 under performing groups,  but he is being asked to coach 2 groups, and ST is a big job in itself.  Frost needed to hire a full time ST coordinator period and he didn't do it. It's Frost's fault overall,  poor management/staffing decision.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, CheeseHusker said:

I think it's crazy to make long term predictions about this season..... this team is still so all over the place that you don't know what you are going to get

Exactly this. We need upgrades at ST and O-line at the very least which is a coaching move that will not happen this year but hopefully will next season. I've said it before, I'll say it again. Unless we hire an elite Coach/staff, best plan on 5-10 years on a rebuild.