Buffalo: What Did We Learn?

Mavric

On 9/12/2021 at 11:52 AM, Farms said:

Frost called a really good game offensively in my opinion. However there is one thing we’ve done multiple times already this season that frustrates the hell out of me. When we are in the 35-40 yard line area and we have 3rd and have roughly a 3rd and 7 or less. I’d much rather see us run and if you get 3-4 yards or more you go for it on 4th. Instead we throw, don’t get any yards and end up feeing like we have to punt it. Then we send one through the end zone for a 20 yard net gain. Might be a bit of playing it safe in a game like this I suppose, so hopefully we see us approach this different in bigger games.

God damnit Frost. We have nothing to lose here go for it!

For the people that thought Buffalo just wasn't very good this season because of a new coach, etc.: They gave the #16 team in the country a really good game and lost 28-25.

I know, I know..."transitive properties don't exist in college football." But still, our defense held them to 3 points and we had at least one touchdown get stolen from us in our 28-3 win over them.

• Plus1 3
39 minutes ago, Undone said:

For the people that thought Buffalo just wasn't very good this season because of a new coach, etc.: They gave the #16 team in the country a really good game and lost 28-25.

I know, I know..."transitive properties don't exist in college football." But still, our defense held them to 3 points and we had at least one touchdown get stolen from us in our 28-3 win over them.

The narrative of this team would be a complete 180 if we had just beaten Illinois 

• Plus1 7
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, Decked said:

The narrative of this team would be a complete 180 if we had just beaten Illinois 

Exactly. What we would all give to have that game back. If we are 3-1 and went toe to toe with OU we’d feel pretty damn good about this team… Its also unfortunate we have the hardest schedule in the country the rest of the season. It’s going to be a long year.

• Plus1 1