Honestly if he wins 6 games, then that is progress of note

Looking at the schedule, these are L's at this time

OU

MSU

MICH

OSU

Wisky

IOWA

that leaves NW, Minnesota and Purdue as toss ups..if he grabs all 3 of those and 1 outta the 6 above...ok, we are evening out a bit

Oh wait a second hold up bro. Nebraska still should be favored against Michigan State for sure. They aren't that good you are judging that against their win vs Northwestern. A few years back they some very good offensive players and a great defense. Then they lost their offensive players but still had a great defense. Now they have lost their defensive and their defense isn't the same. Not only should we beat northwestern. We should still be the favorites against MSU. We are still the better team. Just got to not beat ourselves. Vegas will likely have us favored. Illinois game still hurts they be trash.

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, ndobney said:

Oh wait a second hold up bro. Nebraska still should be favored against Michigan State for sure. They aren't that good you are judging that against their win vs Northwestern. A few years back they some very good offensive players and a great defense. Then they lost their offensive players but still had a great defense. Now they have lost their defensive and their defense isn't the same. Not only should we beat northwestern. We should still be the favorites against MSU. We are still the better team. Just got to not beat ourselves. Vegas will likely have us favored. Illinois game still hurts they be trash.

Mel Tucker has beat us before.

12 minutes ago, ndobney said:

MSU will be favored,  it's pretty much a lock at this point, at least from Vegas. They'll most likely play Miami close or beat them and we will have a multi TD loss the week before our game with them.  

We are favored over NW and Purdue only right now for the remainder of the season.  Things can change but that's reality today.

1 hour ago, ndobney said:

OK, point remains, we win the remaining games that we are favored in and finish off with 6 wins, albeit not what I hoped for to start the year, I would consider it to be a step in right direction in the grand scheme of things 

40 minutes ago, lo country said:

So our best bet to get to six:

NW

Purdue

MSU

Iowa/Minnie

Unless the OL suddenly finds itself or we scheme to hide the deficiencies, I don't see us getting 6...UNLESS the D can  continue to improve and start turning some of those TO's into points.  That Illinois loss hurts.....(capt obvious)

If MSU wins next week,  5 or 6 of our last 8 opponents will most likely be ranked when we play them (MN maybe if they beat CU and are 4-1 when we get them).  We will be favored versus NW and Purdue at home but we will have to pull 2 upsets to get to 6-6 assuming we take care of business in those two home games. Will be interesting.  I have loved the play of the defense so far but the run D will really be tested the next 2 weeks and they may be on the field an awful lot.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, runningblind said:

If MSU wins next week,  5 or 6 of our last 8 opponents will most likely be ranked when we play them (MN maybe if they beat CU and are 4-1 when we get them).  We will be favored versus NW and Purdue at home but we will have to pull 2 upsets to get to 6-6 assuming we take care of business in those two home games. Will be interesting.  I have loved the play of the defense so far but the run D will really be tested the next 2 weeks and they may be on the field an awful lot.

We are finally starting to see what we can be on D.  I think (homer fan) that our D can bang with the teams on our schedule.  My concern, like you mentioned, is do we have the depth to be on the field after repeated 3 and outs or like Illinois, to be on the field for an 8 minute drive.  I'd like to see CTB just concentrate on D going forward.  We are going to need his full attention moving forward.  Loving the play of Henrich and Reimer, but wish Honas was healthy.  Just a solid guy and depth....If we get 6 wins, as bad as it sounds, that would be huge.  As you mentioned, looking forward, one of the toughest schedules in the country appears to be getting tougher.

My hope is the 2 back set we saw with Smothers is something Frost has for the 1st team O moving forward.  Extra blocker, misdirection, counters, traps etc....Gotta scheme to help that OL.......I'd feel better if our TE group was all healthy. Will need the bigger ones moving forward.