Buffalo: What Did We Learn?

Mavric

We learned very little that is new.  The defense was strong pretty much all day.  Much tougher tests remain for them, of course.

The offense continues to be pitifully inefficient.  The big plays were nice, but needing to rely on that is a recipe for failure.  

Special teams continue to be a joke.  A bad joke that your crazy uncle tells at every family gathering.

In short - we didn’t learn anything we did not already know.

• Plus1 2

(1) Our offense sputters all the time and relies on luck to get big plays. Four years in and our offense still has no identity. We lack consistency and Frost seems to be making the offensive plan as the game progresses. I do not think he can outcoach his opponents. 
(2) Half-time adjustments…wait, what half-time adjustments? It is as if Frost and the team spend half time telling jokes and braiding each other’s hair.

(3) We simply cannot ignore our unspecial s#!ttyass teams anymore. Every time we punt, kick, or receive the ball, it is a disaster waiting to unravel.  At what point does Frost admit that we do not have a plan for special teams. 
(4) We continue to commit costly and devastating penalties at the most inopportune times. Against teams with a pulse, these turn into opponent points or take away points from us.

(5) It seems like every week we learn the SAME EXACT THINGS. That tells me that Frost is lost. 
(6) If we cannot run the ball against Buffalo, what are we going to do against Oklahoma next week?

(7) Oklahoma is going to hang 50 points on us by the end of the third quarter and we will score on their second stringers in the 4th quarter. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bledred said:

I learned that most of our remaining opponents are going to eat our lunch and then give us an atomic wedgie and stuff us in a locker. 

Seriously, I don’t get this? Are we playing perfect and dominate football. No, but good god, who is? We’re better than last year, I’ll say that. Lots better. 

• Plus1 4
5 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Seriously, I don’t get this? Are we playing perfect and dominate football. No, but good god, who is? We’re better than last year, I’ll say that. Lots better. 

You honestly believe we stand a chance against the likes of OU, OSU, Mich, Mich St. iowa etc.??  We can't win a B1G away game to save our lives under Frost.  We don't have special teams.  Our OL is a dumpster fire against BUFFALO.  How will that work out against some of the best D lines in the nation??  The coming smack downs are necessary to finally knock off some of these rose glasses worn by some fans. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, UniversalMartin said:

Are they transfers?....please say yes

Yes.

1 hour ago, lo country said:

Any idea when Vokolek, Martin, Manning, Falck get back or whats wrong with them.  It's said when a whole position group is out.....TE has taken a beating. WR not much better.

Haven't heard too many specifics on any of them, except that none of them sounded like season-enders. Think they're keeping a pretty tight lid on this stuff, though, so who knows.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Bledred said:

You honestly believe we stand a chance against the likes of OU, OSU, Mich, Mich St. iowa etc.??  We can't win a B1G away game to save our lives under Frost.  We don't have special teams.  Our OL is a dumpster fire against BUFFALO.  How will that work out against some of the best D lines in the nation??  The coming smack downs are necessary to finally knock off some of these rose glasses worn by some fans. 

How do you just discount today’s win? Weird. 1/3 of the people I either listen to or read on message boards today was a loss. Another solid percentage said 7 points or less we dominated. Left a good share of points on the field AND dominated. 

let them play the games. And what’s it to you the color of anyone’s glasses? 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Martinez is averaging over 300 ypg with 7 TDs and 1 turnover on the year. Outside of the fumble returned for a TD against Illinois and a few overthrows, he's been really good. 

Toure is averaging over 100 ypg receiving as well. Very much on pace for 1,000 yds for the season.

Toure looks like that WR on national contender teams....nice!!!!

• Plus1 1