Florida 2017 Coaching Search SI Article- Coach Frost Tidbits

seaofred92

11 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Michigan sucks. They are never as good as they look. Haven't really watched MSU, but the fans were skeptical about this season, and we always match up well with them. Minnesota is without their star player, we should win that game.

Wiscy sucks. We could eat their QB alive from what I've seen this year. It's probably going to be a lower scoring game (late November). We just need a couple TDs and make some field goals to win.

:lol::lol:….need to make some field goals you say.

These games “should” be winnable at this point but unfortunately they are not.

All 4 of those teams, hell everyone left on our schedule, are going to eat our O lines lunch. Our D will keep us in some games which may help but our O is going to have to do things we simply have not seen them do yet. Inability to run the ball translates to losses in the B1G.

I thought MSU and Michigan games might be winnable….before I saw them and us play this year.  The problem is it takes imagining and hoping we do all sorts of things we have shown no signs of doing to think we have a shot at any of these teams.  I can no longer assume this team is going to rise to the occasion. I hope my pessimism is misplaced and they prove me wrong but, based on what I’ve seen, Northwestern may be the only W left on the schedule. They looked terrible in the game I watched them, and I mean way worse than us even.

• Plus1 2

8 hours ago, rolldog said:

Is this some sort of a surprise?  We've seen for 3 years that HCSF is going through on-the-job training and to think it was going to be anything but that, is simply not being realistic.  We are getting better (slowly) and HCSF is improving as well (slowly).  Will he ever get to the point where he is a good head coach?  Remains to be seen.  Same with the staff.

Not a surprise, but just goes to show how in demand he was at the time. He basically bombed the Florida interview and was still a favorable candidate. He wanted/wants to coach the Huskers. Their is something to be said for that. 

13 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

:lol::lol:….need to make some field goals you say.

These games “should” be winnable at this point but unfortunately they are not.

All 4 of those teams, hell everyone left on our schedule, are going to eat our O lines lunch. Our D will keep us in some games which may help but our O is going to have to do things we simply have not seen them do yet. Inability to run the ball translates to losses in the B1G.

I thought MSU and Michigan games might be winnable….before I saw them and us play this year.  The problem is it takes imagining and hoping we do all sorts of things we have shown no signs of doing to think we have a shot at any of these teams.  I can no longer assume this team is going to rise to the occasion. I hope my pessimism is misplaced and they prove me wrong but, based on what I’ve seen, Northwestern may be the only W left on the schedule. They looked terrible in the game I watched them, and I mean way worse than us even.

Like I said. We can f#&% it all up.

1 hour ago, Decoy73 said:

Nobody asked for it, but here's my take on the rest of the B1G schedule for us:

MSU -  It's hard to imagine that this wouldn't be winnable.  I'll call it a 50-50.  We'll see how they do against Miami.

NW - will have a good D like always, but it could be a major down year for their O.  First one to 20 wins this one?  I like our chances in Lincoln.

UM - Are they finally clicking this year?  Maybe.  If so, this one will be tough, but it is in Lincoln.  I"ll say winnable, but must play well.

Minny-  With Ibrahim out, there O got a lot less scary, but they are well coached.  Winnable, but again, must play well on the road (it happened at Purdue in '20).

Purdue - Who knows with Brohm.  He went from good coach to under achieving coach in a matter of a year or two.  Winnable as it's in Lincoln

Ohio St. - Vastly more talented, but Oregon exposed some issues they have.  I still don't see a Win here, though.  But we should play them tough.

Wisky - uninspiring offense, but likely good defense and special teams.  Winning in Camp Randall will be a tall order, although late in the season, who knows?

Iowa - Like Wisky, Top shelf D and ST, but unimpressive O so far.  We're due to knock off the Hawks.  And it's in Lincoln.

Assuming OU is a L, we need to at least split the rest.  Barring a major setback, I think it could and will happen.  If it doesn't, things may get tough for the staff.  Just my 2 cents.

6-6 I can live with. 4-8 I cannot. It'll probably be 5-7. Originally I had us winning Illinois, Fordham, Buffalo, Michigan State, Northwestern, Purdue and Iowa with Michigan close. That could be a pivotable win making 7-5 still possible. Right now that's looking pretty tough to accomplish. I want to beat Iowa BAD so a friend of mind can quit his squawking. lol 

Edited to add that I think Dan Mullen is a bit strange cat and I'm glad he's not here. And, Scott needs to upgrade some of his supporting cast.  

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, TheSker said:

Being on the hot seat on Huskerboard doesn't acralually mean much.

There are no certain number of wins Frost needs.

The Albert's hire was good for Frost and the two of them meet after every game 

I really want to believe you here but you’re also the guy who was adamant that Moos and the boosters had an impeccable relationship just weeks before he left, and that was always one of the most laughably incorrect statements posted on the board even without the benefit of hindsight. That relationship was rocky from day 1 here.

It’s made me wonder if you’re an Iowa fan in disguise who is having fun at our expense by seeing what you can get us to believe lol.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Caliborn72 said:

I really want to believe you here but you’re also the guy who was adamant that Moos and the boosters had an impeccable relationship just weeks before he left, and that was always one of the most laughably incorrect statements posted on the board even without the benefit of hindsight. That relationship was rocky from day 1 here.

It’s made me wonder if you’re an Iowa fan in disguise who is having fun at our expense by seeing what you can get us to believe lol.

I knew nothing about the relationship between Moos and the boosters....so adamant might be a strong word 

• Haha 1