Injuries

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Any word on Allen?  I was at the game so didn't hear any in game reports on what happened.

Also, to my knowledge, we have Martin, Vokolek, Allen, Manning that could be out for the OU game.  Hopefully most, if not all, are back.

Any reports yet on any of them?

I’ve heard several say the timeline on Vololek is the Oklahoma game. I guess we’ll know when they take the field  in Norman. And not until then. 

not sure if you recorded the game, but Allen’s is most certainly a concussion. He bounced it pretty good off the field.  He was on the sidelines, in a baseball cap for the 2nd half 

and someone bent their neck the wrong way a few plays after Allen. Not sure who that was. Looked potentially devastating, but I didn’t hear anything so maybe he’s made out of rubber. 

• Plus1 2
36 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

I’ve heard several say the timeline on Vololek is the Oklahoma game. I guess we’ll know when they take the field  in Norman. And not until then. 

not sure if you recorded the game, but Allen’s is most certainly a concussion. He bounced it pretty good off the field.  He was on the sidelines, in a baseball cap for the 2nd half 

and someone bent their neck the wrong way a few plays after Allen. Not sure who that was. Looked potentially devastating, but I didn’t hear anything so maybe he’s made out of rubber. 

I thought during the broadcast they heard Allen saying his ankle got caught underneath the defender.  Pretty sure he grabbed his leg.  Or it could have been such a bad concussion he thought his leg was his head.

• Haha 1
42 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Nate Boerkircher.  That was a scary play.  He seemed to bounce up fine but I bet his neck was stiff in the morning..

51 minutes ago, hunter49 said:

what's up with Payne?  is he hurt or just buried on the depth chart, dude looked good against Illinois.

He is a liability in the run game. Better pass rusher. Tannor/Nelson much better scheme fits. Think you’ll see more Tannor/Payne in the OU game. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I thought during the broadcast they heard Allen saying his ankle got caught underneath the defender.  Pretty sure he grabbed his leg.  Or it could have been such a bad concussion he thought his leg was his head.

Frost said today Allen was dizzy. 

Boerkircher was the very next play, and both were within the first 5-6 plays. 

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Any word on Allen?  I was at the game so didn't hear any in game reports on what happened.

Also, to my knowledge, we have Martin, Vokolek, Allen, Manning that could be out for the OU game.  Hopefully most, if not all, are back.

Any reports yet on any of them?

Frost said no one is ruled out for this week.  That was as much of an update as we got today.

Vokolek warmed up Saturday so I would think he has a good chance to play.  They seem to have been targeting this week for him for some time.

I would guess Allen is in concussion protocol so probably won't know anything until later in the week.

They talked like Martin was also very close to playing so I would think he has a good chance.

So, basically, nothing solid on any of them.  But it sounds like they think they all at least have a chance to play this week.

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

Frost said no one is ruled out for this week.  That was as much of an update as we got today.

Vokolek warmed up Saturday so I would think he has a good chance to play.  They seem to have been targeting this week for him for some time.

I would guess Allen is in concussion protocol so probably won't know anything until later in the week.

They talked like Martin was also very close to playing so I would think he has a good chance.

So, basically, nothing solid on any of them.  But it sounds like they think they all at least have a chance to play this week.

It has to be extremely frustrating for Frost to possibly have Vokolek back for this game and then possibly lose Allen.  We need both.

I'm assuming Manning is out.  I have a hard time thinking he's in a boot last Saturday and then good enough to go out there this Saturday.  With Martin back, hopefully he's not rusty and can pick up where he left off.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

It has to be extremely frustrating for Frost to possibly have Vokolek back for this game and then possibly lose Allen.  We need both.

I'm assuming Manning is out.  I have a hard time thinking he's in a boot last Saturday and then good enough to go out there this Saturday.  With Martin back, hopefully he's not rusty and can pick up where he left off.

I don't think you can really read anything from the boot.  It seems like we've had players in the last few years be seen with a boot during the week then still play that weekend. Seems to me like even Martinez was in that boat a couple years ago, but I might have just made that up. 

It can be as much taking the pressure off to aid in healing as it is indicative of a serious injury.

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Reddit rumor is mcl 

sorry, it was Martin