Injuries

1 minute ago, krc1995 said:

I just corrected it. Mcl rumor is for Martin 

Then, I have a hard time thinking that he's anywhere close to being back and probably out for the season.  The only time we get anything definitive from Frost on injuries is when they are out for the season and he hasn't said anything like that.  In fact, Frost said today he's close to playing.

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Then, I have a hard time thinking that he's anywhere close to being back and probably out for the season.  The only time we get anything definitive from Frost on injuries is when they are out for the season and he hasn't said anything like that.  In fact, Frost said today he's close to playing.

Grade 1 MCL (sprain) is a 1-2 week recovery time, Grade 2 (partial tear) is 2-4. MCL is nowhere near as bad as an ACL tear.

• Plus1 7

21 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

It has to be extremely frustrating for Frost to possibly have Vokolek back for this game and then possibly lose Allen.  We need both.

I'm assuming Manning is out.  I have a hard time thinking he's in a boot last Saturday and then good enough to go out there this Saturday.  With Martin back, hopefully he's not rusty and can pick up where he left off.

20 hours ago, Mavric said:

I don't think you can really read anything from the boot.  It seems like we've had players in the last few years be seen with a boot during the week then still play that weekend. Seems to me like even Martinez was in that boat a couple years ago, but I might have just made that up. 

It can be as much taking the pressure off to aid in healing as it is indicative of a serious injury.

I ran into Mohammad Barry mid-season a few years ago, and he was wearing a boot. He played a few days later. 

Sometimes those boots are just a little extra healing resource for the player. 

Edited by knapplc
I know I spelled Mohamed Barry's name wrong.
  • Plus1 1
5 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Yeah I watched the presser.  Hopefully he just got his bell rung a little from it hitting the turf and he didn't have a full blown concussion.  

I just rewatched the game and in replay, it looked like he hit his shoulder and not head and his ankle looked like it was struck under the defender.  And he limped off and the announcers reported later an ankle injury. So who knows.

Word is Manning probably could have played last week.  Hopefully he'll be out there.

Vokolek expected to play, may not be quite 100% yet.  Same with Rogers.

Allen trending right as long as he passes concussion protocols.

Betts was banged up and didn't finish the game last week but should be good to go.

Only down side is it sounds like Martin may not be back yet.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Fire 1
59 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Word is Manning probably could have played last week.  Hopefully he'll be out there.

Vokolek expected to play, may not be quite 100% yet.  Same with Rogers.

Allen trending right as long as he passes concussion protocols.

Betts was banged up and didn't finish the game last week but should be good to go.

Only down side is it sounds like Martin may not be back yet.

They could use Martin especially if Allen doesn't play and Vokolek isn't 100%.  Having Betts and Manning will help.  Wonder if we will see more Brown.