B1G Week 3 - FB 2021

suh_fan93

• suh_fan93 changed the title to B1G Week 3 - FB 2021

A couple interesting ones this week.

• I think MSU could surprise Miami, but I also think that says more bad things about Miami than good things about MSU. App State is around Buffalo's level.
  • No idea what to expect out of Colorado or Minnesota, but I'm interested in both. I suspect Minnesota will grind them down even without a gamechanging back.
  • Purdue/ND is a lot like MSU/Miami to me - I think Purdue will keep up, but realistically just because ND is wildly overrated.
  • Auburn/Penn State is very interesting. Both coming off disappointing years, both talented and looking good early. I do think having a game against a team with a pulse under their belt benefits Penn State.
  • If Indiana wants to prove they're not what they showed against Iowa, here's their chance. Cincinnati is right up there in the defensive metrics with Iowa/Georgia/Wisconsin the past few years. Also a nice test for Cincy to prove that's warranted - I am a little skeptical of the rankings for good G5 teams. 8-12 games is a pretty small sample when trying to determine how good they are when the majority are against G5 and not P5 teams.
  • Plus1 1

I like seeing Indiana playing with a bulls eye on their chest.  That's why I was excited to see how they would do this year.  Can't sneak up on anyone.

I like Cincinnati to take care of them.

I picked Iowa to win the West, so I have to stick with that.  But I think they will get a close game this week (and after an emotional win over Iowa State).

Miami isn't good.  But neither is Michigan State.  Sparty just plays B1G football like NW, Minn, etc.  Good start, but not impressed.

Curious to see Auburn at Penn State.  Night game at Happy Valley is hard for opponents.

Rutger about be 3-0, and 6-6 under Schiano.  Rutgers.  

• Plus1 1

Ohio State gets no real test of how good they are until 10/23 & 10/30 when they play Indiana & Penn State, respectively.

Penn State really has a chance to make it into the playoff this year if they keep playing awesome defense.

Iowa doesn't get it's next real test until 10/09 when they plan Penn State.

On 9/13/2021 at 12:25 PM, Husker in WI said:

A couple interesting ones this week.

• I think MSU could surprise Miami, but I also think that says more bad things about Miami than good things about MSU. App State is around Buffalo's level.
  • No idea what to expect out of Colorado or Minnesota, but I'm interested in both. I suspect Minnesota will grind them down even without a gamechanging back.
  • Purdue/ND is a lot like MSU/Miami to me - I think Purdue will keep up, but realistically just because ND is wildly overrated.
  • Auburn/Penn State is very interesting. Both coming off disappointing years, both talented and looking good early. I do think having a game against a team with a pulse under their belt benefits Penn State.
  • If Indiana wants to prove they're not what they showed against Iowa, here's their chance. Cincinnati is right up there in the defensive metrics with Iowa/Georgia/Wisconsin the past few years. Also a nice test for Cincy to prove that's warranted - I am a little skeptical of the rankings for good G5 teams. 8-12 games is a pretty small sample when trying to determine how good they are when the majority are against G5 and not P5 teams.

Cincy is playing @IU and @ND this year.  They will really know that bus route.

I have never heard of Auburn playing a regular season game up north.

ND has been very vulnerable so far so it is not just another Purdue game. 

On 9/21/2021 at 6:32 PM, Notre Dame Joe said:

Texas A&M is 7th, and aside from Kent St and Bowling Green, the Aggies  beat CU 10-7.   Shouldn't Minnesota at least be ranked!?

No.  They 2-1. 

But I was surprised they beat Colorado 30-0.  Pretty impressive.  Regardless how a&m played cu.