NU/OU Game Prediction & Poll

TGHusker

Who will win - OU/Neb  

130 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, hagg said:

Dude, we could not beat Illinois on the road.  Yeah we've won two pillow fights since then and some are calling it "improvement," "growth," etc. 

But... let's be real.. we need some luck to be in this game much at all. 

Completely agree.  And keep in mind that Illinois has looked like a conference bottom feeder in the two games since playing NU.  Sitkowski is not in Spencer Rattler's league and that spells big trouble this weekend.

• Plus1 4
3 minutes ago, All Hail Herbie said:

Completely agree.  And keep in mind that Illinois has looked like a conference bottom feeder in the two games since playing NU.  Sitkowski is not in Spencer Rattler's league and that spells big trouble this weekend.

all true tho i would say sitkowski isnt the one who beat us, our inept AF offense beat us.  you take away the missed XPs, the boneheaded return by CTB and the egregious fumble before half leading to 7 by martinez... thats holding to below 20 which should be enough to win any week.... not to mention our offesnse hanging our defense out to dry with ZERO  drives of consequence for a large part of that game

I'm not as worried about rattler, im worried about our offense coming in with a limp d!(k followed by our punter lacking any form of consistency

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, Street Novelist said:

OU by 17-24 points. If we lose by more than 24 points, a massive blowout, then I think serious questions need to be asked regarding if Frost is the right man for the job. I don't expect a win, but it can't be a Wisconsin situation under Pelini.

I'm very skeptical now of Frost being the guy that can dig NU out of this hole we are in. However if OU is the best team in the country- we won't know about that until later this year and we show progress in all facets of the game- not sure that puts Frost on the hot seat if we lose by 24 plus. 

I was expecting 6-6 this season and hoping for 7-5. Teams with that record do lose to top teams by those margins. What most of us are looking for is just good fundamental football. Quit beating ourselves with turnovers, silly penalties, bad special teams and weak fundamentals. If we can solve those issues and move the ball on the ground and look reasonably well coached- that's probably progress now. We get to 6-6 and look like we're making progress and aren't structurally flawed, I'm confident he will get more time. If not- it might not be enough and rightfully so. 

• Plus1 2

Considering that nobody thinks we're going to win, including our own head coach, I'll take Oklahoma 55-17.

One thing I find amusing is how Scott Frost routinely throws his players under the bus, either by trashing their work ethic when he was first hired or by having so little faith in his players (and his own coaching ability) he tried to dodge the game. 

We're going to get embarrassed and everybody knows it.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Considering that nobody thinks we're going to win, including our own head coach, I'll take Oklahoma 55-17.

One thing I find amusing is how Scott Frost routinely throws his players under the bus, either by trashing their work ethic when he was first hired or by having so little faith in his players (and his own coaching ability) he tried to dodge the game. 

We're going to get embarrassed and everybody knows it.

Sadly that kind of.. you know.. says it all. 

• Plus1 1

Unfortunately, I don't see Nebraska leaving Norman with much pride. Nebraska's unsteady offensive line and lack of a consistent run game is probably going to be their undoing. OU's defense will be susceptible to giving up plays, but I don't think Nebraska has the horsepower to keep the foot on the gas for four quarters. You may see sparks here or there.

Nebraska's defense will play well, but mistakes on the offense, good starting field position for the OU offense, and the depth of their playmakers will put the NU defense on their heels quite a bit.

OU would have to completely crap their big boy pants for Nebraska to even be within a score by the 4th quarter. I'm leaning OU 52 - NU 10.

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

"Could not" and "did not" are two different things. But you're right, we need to play really close to our absolute peak and get a lot of luck this week. 

"Could not" is a statement about our lack of abilities.  "Did not" is the result of those lack of abilities.  Mild disagreement, but I get your point too.  I fear for the entire season because of what appears to be our lack of abilities. 

I expect the NU D to play tough but will also be slower on the back end, and ultimately out -schemed.  

I expect the NU Oline to be completely outclassed by the Sooner D line,  Martinez will barely make enough explosive plays to cover his disastrous ones, while our RBs and WR will not have any advantage in speed whatsoever vs. the OU LB and DB.  I expect OU to jump a lateral screen for a pick 6. OU 45  NU 17.