NU/OU Game Prediction & Poll

TGHusker

Who will win - OU/Neb  

130 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 9/13/2021 at 5:43 PM, Decoy73 said:

Our D is pretty good right now.   I think we play them a pretty even low scoring first half.   Then we’ll come out and have the usual crap 3rd quarter, claw back a little in the 4th, but lose by 2 TDs.  Another special teams blunder will account for one of those scores.  Our offensive tackles will have a rough day, I fear.  

Our zone pass D has had huge holes.  and we cannot man up against their skilled players.  It could get really bad.

• Plus1 3

19 minutes ago, commando said:

if oklahoma has a nebraska vs iowa state kind of game and turns the ball over 7 times.....we could win.    i wouldn't count on that but i suppose it is possible.

I've seen Rattler struggle a couple of times- but those times, there was a lot of pressure on him. While this defensive unit has improved, they haven't improved a lot when it comes to getting sacks, putting legit pressure on the QB. 

• Plus1 1

Nebraska vs. Oklahoma odds, prediction, betting trends for Week 3 Big Noon Kickoff | Sporting News

Nebraska vs. Oklahoma prediction 

That second quarter will be when Oklahoma takes control of the game. The Sooners have 16 tackles for loss through two games, and the ability to get Nebraska off schedule, especially when they are trailing, will be a difference-maker. 

Frost will pull out all the tricks in this game, and if Martinez avoids costly interceptions, it could be a four-quarter game. It is just hard to pick against Rattler, who has more to work with in Riley's high-powered offense. 

Nebraska still pulls out a cover in a three-score loss. 

Final score: Oklahoma 45, Nebraska 24

Oklahoma vs Nebraska Prediction, Game Preview (collegefootballnews.com)

What’s Going To Happen

This is the big moment for Scott Frost and Nebraska.

A mediocre run so far – to be kind – can take an instant turn up with a shocking win on the road in in what used to be the biggest of big powerhouse rivalry games.

The two haven’t met since Oklahoma beat Nebraska in the 2010 Big 12 Championship, but this matchup used to stop the sports world. To a whole slew of fans of a certain age, this is supposed to matter, but it only will if the Huskers really can play up to what the program should be.

The problem is that Nebraska will be good in this, and it won’t be enough.

The energy will be there, but Rattler and the OU offense will get off to a good start, go into a bit of a lull, and will pick it back up to pull away in the fourth quarter as the Husker mistakes start to pile up.

Oklahoma vs Nebraska Prediction, Line

Oklahoma 45, Nebraska 23
Line: Oklahoma -22.5, o/u: 62
ATS Confidence out of 5: 2.5

• Plus1 1

The only possible pathway to a respectable game (note: not a victory; a respectable game) is if OU makes an incredible amount of mistakes.

Realistically, we will not be able to establish a rhythm in the run game, will continue to have a special teams unit that is sniffing glue in the corner, and our reasonably decent defense will not hold a candle to OU's elite offense. 

52-17 OU.

• Plus1 1