NU/OU Game Prediction & Poll

TGHusker

Who will win - OU/Neb  

130 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think it's a race to 40 points.  I just don't see our offense getting there unless we have everyone back and we play perfect.  Pretty unlikely but my hope is we compete well enough against them to gain confidence going into the conference schedule.  If they can make it a game, and stay healthy, the kids should feel pretty good about Mich St and NW.  

38 minutes ago, Blackshirt_Simonsen said:

Thinking somewhere in the 56-28 area with Oklahoma winning. Think we score a late touchdown to get it under the 30 point mark. Really think the outcome of the game depends on which version of Rattler shows up. Turnover prone/Freshman mistake Rattler? We have a chance. Heisman candidate Rattler? Over by halftime.

That about sums it up for me.  I don't think we make 28 points however.  Hopeful to get 17. 

I don't think I'll watch the game - I don't think I can stand what may feel like Okla State 2007 only in OU's place. 

As I mentioned previously, I'm not sold on OU's D but they get to to play against our one dimensional offense.  We may make them look like the 1970 Minnesota Viking Purple People Eaters.  If Adrian doesn't get protection, he's in for a long day evading rushers.

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Oklahoma will have to make a LOT of mistakes to keep us in the game. Only way that happens is if they fail to convert drives into touchdowns and have several turnovers. 

Realistically they boat-race us off the field.

69-10 if we get a garbage-time TD against their backups. 

lol, you're calling a 69-3 score until late? jesus christ we suck 

• Oh Yeah! 1
38 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Oklahoma will have to make a LOT of mistakes to keep us in the game. Only way that happens is if they fail to convert drives into touchdowns and have several turnovers. 

Realistically they boat-race us off the field.

69-10 if we get a garbage-time TD against their backups. 

While I will avoid a score prediction, I think the game will get away from us quickly for two reasons; 1.) OU maintains a superior personnel edge and most importantly 2.) NU will remain the undisciplined group we are accustomed to seeing (turnovers, penalties, etc.).  Recipe for a big win by OU.  I just hope our traveling contingent enjoys being in Norman again as this is a rivalry that has sadly been lost to re-alignment.  

In terms of your prediction of the late touchdown, and per yesterday's thread, the backups are due for one of those.

13 hours ago, FTW said:

We control the clock, run the ball, no turnovers no dumb penalties we may have a shot. The less OU’s offense is on the field the better our odds of pulling off the upset, IMO. We will not win a shootout with them.

Dude, we could not beat Illinois on the road.  Yeah we've won two pillow fights since then and some are calling it "improvement," "growth," etc. 

But... let's be real.. we need some luck to be in this game much at all. 

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, hagg said:

Dude, we could not beat Illinois on the road.  Yeah we've won two pillow fights since then and some are calling it "improvement," "growth," etc. 

But... let's be real.. we need some luck to be in this game much at all. 

"Could not" and "did not" are two different things. But you're right, we need to play really close to our absolute peak and get a lot of luck this week. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
22 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wasn't that the game where we threw a bubble screen on the first play of the game that ended in a pick six?

We can't start that way.

I don't remember the first play, I just remember it was Bo's first game vs Oklahoma, everyone was excited because it was Nebraska vs Oklahoma and I think fans were hoping it would be a fight because of the change in culture and mentality from Bo's team from Callahan's teams. I think it was 35-0 at the end of the first quarter.