NU/OU Game Prediction & Poll

TGHusker

Who will win - OU/Neb  

130 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 9/14/2021 at 1:37 AM, CheeseHusker said:

Gonna be something like 45-24.

I actually think the D will play well in spite of it, but I'm expecting that the offense and special teams will spot OU 14-17 points, because that's just what they do.

Picking your brain here.  So, I like your score.   My thought would be if we play well and to our best ability, then this score seems a good possibility.  

So, let me pose my thinking and then I'd enjoy hearing your thoughts ...

Let's minus those 17 points from the 45 for what the offense and special teams will spot OU ... to get us to 28 points.  Is it in your mind that if we don't have our normal mistakes, that the score would really be OU 28, NU 24?  Is it your belief that we can hang and possible win against the #3 team in the land?  I have no sarcasm to that view ... just was curious how you see it.

Again, if we play really well and OU makes a few mistakes, then I can see a score 45-24.  I would be elated if this was the final score.  It could even perhaps be sold as a victory is some circles.  My current belief is that our normal mistakes and really overall mode of play will be exposed and then we will see what those errors really cost against a great team.  But yet, all of that is because of all my own personal "noise" and "unbelief" from what I've been told is "better" while still not truly fixed or any real improvement.  I'm still stuck with what this OL, RB and Special Teams crew have done in three games against subpar teams [as I see it] ... and wonder how in the world we open any holes against OU, when that couldn't be done with any sort of dominance against what we had scheduled.  Ya, we are 2-1.  Who else in our conference would be 2-1 against who we played?  How many teams in the nation?  Just questions that make me ponder.  

On Saturday, I will get to see reality.  Looking forward to it.  

Go Big Red!

Oklahoma will be keying on Adrian to run, so don't give it to them until at least the second quarter.  Then Adrian goes wild in the second half. 

The passing game exploits the middle of the field. No deep targets until at least the second quarter. Then Toure' goes wild in the second half. 

The defense needs to cause at least 6 turnovers. Then another 6 in the second half. 

I predict that Frost won't listen to my advice, Nebraska will lose, and it won't be my fault. 

• Plus1 1