Nebraska - Oklahoma... THE Rivalry above all rivalries

Every game for us is a rivalry since we have not beaten anyone regularly. I seriously doubt this bunch sees this game with the same lenses that our teams in the 70s, 80s, and 90s saw this game. To them, this game is like playing Ohio state and expecting to lose. I am praying for a miracle that they surprise me this Saturday. Regardless, I already have two dozen bottles of my favorite beer in the fridge to brighten the mood. I plan to be happy one way or another.

7 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

Every game for us is a rivalry since we have not beaten anyone regularly. I seriously doubt this bunch sees this game with the same lenses that our teams in the 70s, 80s, and 90s saw this game. To them, this game is like playing Ohio state and expecting to lose. I am praying for a miracle that they surprise me this Saturday. Regardless, I already have two dozen bottles of my favorite beer in the fridge to brighten the mood. I plan to be happy one way or another.

Let me ask the important question then, what is your favorite beer?

• Oh Yeah! 1

Masterpieces should be savored. Glover presented his Thanksgiving Day 1971, when he grabbed hold of the “Game of the Century” and didn’t unclench until his Huskers had triumphed.

The archives claim Glover made 22 tackles from his nose guard position. Nope. That isn’t right. That isn’t enough. Just watch the game on YouTube.

“I still bleed Big Red,” Glover says.

On 9/14/2021 at 7:40 AM, cornhuskers4ever said:

Some good stuff to dissect from that 2009 OU game in my opinion.

Defensively we had NFL talent on that team. And not just "guys that made an NFL roster" but obviously one of the best defensive tackles to ever play the college game and then four other guys as well (Asante, Amukamara, Dillard, Bo Ruud) that got drafted. Dillard I think gets overshadowed by Lavonte David who came after him for Bo by the fan base, but Dillard was a ridiculous playmaking LB for us.

Then we also had two offensive linemen that went to the NFL.

On defense in 2021, we cannot hang with Oklahoma. We are outclassed at linebacker right now to go up against a team with the speed that they have. Our defensive linemen are actually pretty good, and our 3-4 scheme matches up against OU well overall...but we kind of lack a playmaker LB and we definitely lack an effective pass rush.

On offense we actually have a good scheme to go up against OU this season. OU is prepared for the spread, but we run a lot of power (even though we're not particularly good in that department so far this year).

Basically, that 2009 team was:

1. Vastly superior in defensive talent.

2. Played good special teams.

3. Had a remarkably confident attitude in year 2 under Bo.

This 2021 team is really lacking in special teams play and confidence.