Former Players Who Transferred- Stats

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Tristan Gebbia hasn't seen any action through 2 games at Oregon State.  After starting 4 games last year, I'm not sure where he sits on the depth chart this year or if he's been injured.  Tyjon Lindsey has 4 receptions for 42 yards, but has only played in 1 of the 2 Beaver games this year, so he might be injured as well.

Patrick Obrien left Colorado State for Washington this past offseason, but has not played for the Huskies.

I know Gebbia had an ankle injury that they thought might keep him out the first game, but one of their insider reporters thought he had kinda lost the job anyway. 

Totally forgot about O'Brien being at Washington 

• Plus1 2

24 minutes ago, All Hail Herbie said:

I have watched a fair amount of UK football this year and it is good to see Wandale thriving in their offense.  In fact, I found myself cheering when he broke loose on an end around against Mizzou last weekend. 

While I agree that there were personal dynamics that played in his decision to ultimately return to the Bluegrass State, I do think our misuse of his talent played a role.  UK is utilizing him in a manner consistent with talents. 

NU misused his skillset by running him between the tackles and exposing him to repeated punishment from 300+ lb. defensive lineman.  In Year 3 (last season), we should have developed at least one IB to shoulder the rushing attempts and not left that burden to a sub-180 lb. slot receiver.  Very happy that he has found a good offensive home to showcase his talents.  And a winner no less.  

We had a few developed but they missed significant time to injuries and Covid or were kicked off the team for legal issues.  One of them is currently on the Lions roster.  Robinson was used there because he gave us the best chance to compete.  Whether you agree or disagree with that logic, taking a shot at the coaches for not developing anyone else is wrong.  

• Plus1 1
31 minutes ago, All Hail Herbie said:

I have watched a fair amount of UK football this year and it is good to see Wandale thriving in their offense.  In fact, I found myself cheering when he broke loose on an end around against Mizzou last weekend. 

While I agree that there were personal dynamics that played in his decision to ultimately return to the Bluegrass State, I do think our misuse of his talent played a role.  UK is utilizing him in a manner consistent with talents. 

NU misused his skillset by running him between the tackles and exposing him to repeated punishment from 300+ lb. defensive lineman.  In Year 3 (last season), we should have developed at least one IB to shoulder the rushing attempts and not left that burden to a sub-180 lb. slot receiver.  Very happy that he has found a good offensive home to showcase his talents.  And a winner no less.  

So, you watch a lot of UK football, but don't watch any Husker football.

Interesting.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Interesting.

I know a couple of guys like that. They love the game, some might even call them true connoisseurs of the sport- but they can't stand how far we have fallen and how poorly they often times play now. They just love watching great physical football- excellence. 

One guy is in Texas- he can tell you more about Bob Devaney, Jerry Tagge, Johnny Rodgers and those early 70s and 90s teams than 99% of the guys here. Memorabilia in his house etc  Has driven and flown up to go to game with me. He just won't put himself through watching bad football. 

• Plus1 4
2 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

We had a few developed but they missed significant time to injuries and Covid or were kicked off the team for legal issues.  One of them is currently on the Lions roster.  Robinson was used there because he gave us the best chance to compete.  Whether you agree or disagree with that logic, taking a shot at the coaches for not developing anyone else is wrong.  

I agree that the backfield was thin at times the past couple of years, but criticism for using a 175 pound slot receiver to fill the role is not a "shot", but a legitimate and warranted critique.  One could easily argue that even in Year 4, we still lack a reliable, well-developed option at IB.  Coach Held may be a terrific recruiter, and a great leader of men, but to date his record on personnel development remains a bit questionable.

• Plus1 4
7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Interesting.

I do enjoy the game, but do not miss the stress and frustration that accompanies watching a cherished program fall to such depths.  I know this program means a lot to the state and to the fanbase, because it meant so much to me.  Best memories of Husker football were pre-television broadcasts when I listened to the play by play each week on radio.  Nothing better on a cool Saturday afternoon than listening to Mr. Pavelka call a game.

For their tireless devotion, this fanbase deserves a return to those times of success. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, All Hail Herbie said:

I agree that the backfield was thin at times the past couple of years, but criticism for using a 175 pound slot receiver to fill the role is not a "shot", but a legitimate and warranted critique.  One could easily argue that even in Year 4, we still lack a reliable, well-developed option at IB.  Coach Held may be a terrific recruiter, and a great leader of men, but to date his record on personnel development remains a bit questionable.

But that's not what you said.  I have no issue with people disagreeing with him being used the way we did.  That's an opinion and you are entitled.  You stated 'In Year 3 (last season), we should have developed at least one IB to shoulder the rushing attempts and not left that burden to a sub-180 lb. slot receiver."  We had 2 great options and a few others who were young but playing before injury.  We lost the guy who was going to arguably be the top back to legal issues and the 2nd best option, Mills, who is now in the NFL, was injured.  The coaches didn't have a lot of good options.  I don't agree with some of the ways he was used but that has nothing to do with your statement, at all. 

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

I know a couple of guys like that. They love the game, some might even call them true connoisseurs of the sport- but they can't stand how far we have fallen and how poorly they often times play now. They just love watching great physical football- excellence. 

One guy is in Texas- he can tell you more about Bob Devaney, Jerry Tagge, Johnny Rodgers and those early 70s and 90s teams than 99% of the guys here. Memorabilia in his house etc  Has driven and flown up to go to game with me. He just won't put himself through watching bad football. 

Great note and agreed.  Coach Lombardi told his Packers teams that they would "relentlessly pursue perfection, knowing full well that they would never be perfect.  However, in the process of pursuing perfection, they would catch excellence."  

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

But that's not what you said.  I have no issue with people disagreeing with him being used the way we did.  That's an opinion and you are entitled.  You stated 'In Year 3 (last season), we should have developed at least one IB to shoulder the rushing attempts and not left that burden to a sub-180 lb. slot receiver."  We had 2 great options and a few others who were young but playing before injury.  We lost the guy who was going to arguably be the top back to legal issues and the 2nd best option, Mills, who is now in the NFL, was injured.  The coaches didn't have a lot of good options.  I don't agree with some of the ways he was used but that has nothing to do with your statement, at all. 

And while we debate this subtle and dated point, I congratulate Wandale on his success to date at UK.  May he have much success this season. 

The one positive that comes out of this debate is at least our fans are interested in winning again, debates not games, but winning nonetheless.

Moving in the right direction.

1 hour ago, All Hail Herbie said:

And while we debate this subtle and dated point, I congratulate Wandale on his success to date at UK.  May he have much success this season. 

The one positive that comes out of this debate is at least our fans are interested in winning again, debates not games, but winning nonetheless.

Moving in the right direction.

Your apology is accepted.

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Tristan Gebbia hasn't seen any action through 2 games at Oregon State.  After starting 4 games last year, I'm not sure where he sits on the depth chart this year or if he's been injured.  Tyjon Lindsey has 4 receptions for 42 yards, but has only played in 1 of the 2 Beaver games this year, so he might be injured as well.

Patrick Obrien left Colorado State for Washington this past offseason, but has not played for the Huskies.

How does Patrick Obrien not have a wife, kids, and a mortgage yet????

• Haha 4
51 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

You apology is accepted.

I concede that I was overwhelmed.  Bottom line, the IB situation is like many the last 4 years, one where we were less than prepared and frankly not agile enough to deal with.  If we accept that there are two foundational dynamics to football; personnel and play selection, than why not simply alter the play calling to fit the new personnel (i.e. a 175 pound slot receiver)?  Why subject him to a game plan suited to a larger back? 

In other words, being the best option at IB does not necessarily translate to between the tackles rushing.  

Wandale is far better off in his current situation and our team is now unburdened with his presence and loaded with a stable of accomplished IBs.

• Plus1 1

Wandale is probably the only transfer that I am happy for. He was a positive influence while he was here and carried a lot of the offensive burden at the risk of his health. But none the less, I’m a fan. 

I kind of lie, I realized there were other things going on with JD. No hard feelings 

Maurice Washington is a one that I wanted to show up somewhere. Not saying he didn’t screw things up for himself, but watching his mental health deteriorate was hard. He’s had a semi unstable life, not like Lawerence Phillips, but still unstable. 

• Plus1 4
  • Nebraska55fan changed the title to Former Players Who Transferred- Stats