Huskers vs Creighton

Mavric

Was able to attend the exhibtion and it was easy to see that there is a high level of talent with this freshman class brought in by bolt and his staff, especially the pitchers. With saying that Idk if I expect us to replicate what we did last year. We have 17 freshman out of a roster of 38 so a lot of inexperience on this team. Spring of 2023 though I think bolt makes a big run.

• Plus1 2
17 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

That's the thing, people who don't follow the baseball team closely will think that we should be able to replicate last year but we lost a ton of talent and experience. At least this year we get a Big Ten tourney so assuming we make it we get some extra game reps.

I do expect to make the postseason though.

Yeah, that's why I'm trying to temper my expectations a bit.  I really like what Bolt did but there's also the possibility that we caught a little lightning in a bottle with a couple guys who came up big.

We sure seem to be headed the right direction but I'm not going to be surprised if we take a little step back in the short term.  I would think we'd still be right in the hunt for the post-season, like you said.

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, hskrfan4life said:

That's the thing, people who don't follow the baseball team closely will think that we should be able to replicate last year but we lost a ton of talent and experience. At least this year we get a Big Ten tourney so assuming we make it we get some extra game reps.

I do expect to make the postseason though.

Really excited to see what the staff is going to look like. Perry and Christo could be as good as any 1-2 punch in the conference. So many talented arms behind those two guys as well. Then factor in Childress, a guy that made a habit of building top pitching staffs in the toughest conference in baseball....hot damn. 

• Plus1 1