*** Official Oklahoma Game Thread ***

Mavric

32 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Nice fought game by Nebraska. Many expected a blow out by Oklahoma. 

As for the firing Frost "fans".. STFU... at least for another week. Theres no need to talk about that trash after this game. Thought Martinez played a great game, except for that last series. Actually saw a bit of progress with the offense.

Now does Nebraska need a special teams and new oline coach. Absolutely. That stuff was and is complete trash. Need something different there.

bruh. he just lost. it's not about talking or not talking. it's about holding frost accountable for easy decisions he seems unable or unwilling to make, which are costing him a winning record.

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, soup said:

I’m not sure why everyone is counting Michigan state a win. They might be in the top 5 of the league right now. 

Michigan State looks better under year 2 of Mel Tucker than Nebraska has looked at any point in 4 years of Frost.  The game against MSU is really a must win for Frost given how tough the remaining schedule is.  Losing to MSU would have us sitting at 2-3 heading into a brutal October and November.  

• Plus1 1
39 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Nice fought game by Nebraska. Many expected a blow out by Oklahoma. 

As for the firing Frost "fans".. STFU... at least for another week. Theres no need to talk about that trash after this game. Thought Martinez played a great game, except for that last series. Actually saw a bit of progress with the offense.

Now does Nebraska need a special teams and new oline coach. Absolutely. That stuff was and is complete trash. Need something different there.

I agree that Martinez played a really strong game and has put together a couple really great games.  Kudos to him,

With that said, anyone complaining about the special teams coach or the O-line coach needs to realize these are the guys Frost has selected to be a part of HIS staff in his 4 year as head coach.  His chances to right-size this staff should have happened at the end of Year 2 and 3.  Fans should not continue to see a complete lack of player discipline and coaching competence in the 4th year, and ultimately the fate of this program all ties back to the head coach who is currently Scott Frost.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

We have the returning BIG kicker of the year... amazing how crappy he has been.

I don't know kicking at all. I know he was the B1G kicker last year and had a great rate. But even last year his kicking looked wonky. The ball wouldn't rotate correctly and (perhaps because of that) it would have weird trajectories. But he almost always squeaked them in anyway. So I felt he was pretty lucky. If I had to guess, he's just getting the results he should atm.