Oklahoma: What did we learn?

As frustrating as it is to watch Martinez at QB a lot of the time, today's game made it clear that he's not the biggest issue on the team by a long shot.

Offensive line probably is the biggest issue on the team, but special teams isn't far off.

This team is capable of going toe-to-toe with the #3 team in the country and even making it interesting, but despite it all, they just can't take control against an opponent like that, and it's insanely frustrating.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, ZRod said:

You're takes are bad and you should feel bad.

We hung with the #3 team all game. We don't suck. Just discipline and special teams that hurt us (yet again). mentally weak is laughable this team Brant it the whole game and kept popping back at a superior team.

I see what you're saying but the oline continuing to false start especially at the beginning of a big game is mentally weak. This defense is stout and mentally tough though.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

It's still stupid for a football team to have a basketball player on it.

Mentally weak teams don't make this a game. I'm not sure you understand what that means... 

Just because it was a close game doesn't mean that we're not mentally weak. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Betts and Manning are thoroughbreds let them run. 

O line needs to get it together 

Chin had a great gameplan  and we have the talent to cover up the lack of Natural pass rush.

We need an adjustment on 3rd and long

Overall we still make too many minor mistakes that compound 

We fit the Big 12 better

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, MLB 51 said:

May be a Twitter screenshot of 1 person and text that says 'Jake Sorensen @937JakeSorensen Nebraska's talent level really does not look noticeably worse than the 3rd-ranked team in the country. It's discipline, however, does. Coaching.'

Who's this turd? Discipline is fine. Nebraska came out agressive right away and Jurgens led the charge. It set the tone of not letting Oklahoma push Nebraska around. We didnt see those issues as the game went on. The problem is special teams and the O line. Need better coaching there if that's what this Jake means. If it's about discipline and Frost, he's talking out his @$$. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

I learned AM has had three pretty good games in a row.
I learned this team should be 3-1 one and lower top 25 ranking

I learned if SF doesn’t hire a special teams coach in the offseason then he should be fired for incompetence

I learned Austin is not much of a coach

I learned we still have problems with 2nd and long and 3rd and long 

• Plus1 3

I’m really happy to have receivers for once. Sorry, but chalk me up as someone not very impressed by any receiver we’ve had since Enunwa and Bell (Westerkamp would have been a great utility WR who plays in the slot and who you scheme coverage off of, but was forced into our X/Y positions later in his career; Robinson is also a great utility player when used correctly… which means not constantly jammed up the gut). Betts is flashing great ability playing the ball downfield. Manning’s true potential is still unknown because of limited opportunities, but he has been too-notch on all his targets this year. Toure is a bit more limited than them but is a freaking stud. I would take any of them over anyone since the Enunwa/Bell duo. Hopefully Manning and Betts hit their grooves. Then add in Martin and a splash of Brown. Great top 5.

Our OL needs blown up. This is the most disappointing position group of the Frost era. I really thought this current group of guys would be better than this. Completely lost. Even announcers are always dunking on them.

• Plus1 2

I'm going to chalk up the Illinois lost to first game of the season nonsense. 

Oklahoma's normally an explosive play offense and they didn't manage to have one. Defense forced them to earn every yard and every point and that's fight that you like to see and that we have seen. 

Connor Culp needs to see a sports psychologist. 

If you took away the mistakes on scoring plays for both teams, this game ends 24-23 Oklahoma. If you take away Oklahoma's mistakes on scoring plays this game ends 26-16 Oklahoma. If you take away Nebraska's mistakes on scoring plays, this game ends 23-21 Nebraska. 

They played well enough to capitalize on OU's mistakes, but mistakes of their own made all the difference. 

Proud of their effort, proud of their performance. Build off it and go to East Lansing and beat Michigan State.

• Plus1 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1