Oklahoma: What did we learn?

What kills me is how our coach can be so bad at understanding situations. Down 7 with a minute and the ball...ou is going to either come at you or drop and hope the clock burns out. At this point, you have to know what your team's strengths and weaknesses are and how the rest of the game has gone. The oline is just a mess. Roll out the qb. This helps against an all out blitz and gives him the option to scramble for 10 or 15 and get out of bounds if they play prevent. Either way ot ensures you don't take a sack in bounds and ruin the whole thing right away. Sigh...

24 minutes ago, SECHusker said:

-If Austin didn't have two guys drafted last year, I'd say 'leave his fat a$$ in Norman.'

-Piper cost us yet again. Him getting bulldozed on that extra point turned the tide is the game, and reflects his play all year.

-Culp mentally may never recover from this.

-THE DEFENSE HAS NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED OF!!!??

-Also, if Rahmir is your guy, why hasn't he started all year?

There are three guys in that field goal mess. The center has one job to do...what does he do?....hikes it to the holder's back shoulder. They were lucky to get the kick off. It's like the center hiking it over the QB's head....just high school bad.

The RB coach may be a great recruiter....maybe he should just stop there. Rahmir played his a$$ off today! We must have injuries we haven't been told about because I didn't see Stepp at all and only saw Morrison on one great run. Hope Ervin Jr. is okay....he reminds me off an Osborne type I-back.

Defense played great.  Held NU to under 27.  Unsure when the last time that happened to them

We are an edge rusher away from a very salty D

Hats off to Allen, Betts, Manning and Volkelek stepping up an going today.  TBH, I could care less how they practice.  They need to start.

Ervin injury looked bad.

We went toe to toe with OU

OL is horrific in run blocking and picking up blitzes

ST is a complete train wreck and has cost us 2 games this year.....

Needs to be some real honest dialogue this week. I got piled on for Day looking at Coombs, but I'll say it again.  Frost in year 4 with a vastly more complete body of work needs to see who needs to stay and go.  Bring Busch on to coach ST and recruit.

Overall we lost.  It sucks.  Hard to get excited for the moral victory, but we were in this game until the end.

• Plus1 3
5 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

One more observation. Oklahoma does not look like the #3 team in the country.  They struggled against Tulane and I imagine they would lose by 20 or more points against Alabama or Georgia.  They are definitely a good team but I think they are over-rated.  

I think we really disrupted them.  The zone we played was solid save for a couple lost plays by Nickel DB's.  Maybe or maybe not a top 5, but OU traditionally gets better as a year progresses.  Game 1 is usually the worst.  Game 2 a big jump.  We got them game 3 and played well despite an all time terrible Special Teams and a very poor O Line.  

I'd fire Greg Austin now.  Right now.  

Just now, Cornfed said:

Pregame: “we’re going to get smoked by 50” 

Postgame: “we lost by 7.. we suck” 

I know we have some serious O line and special teams issues but if that game doesn’t give you a bit of pride and hope then you’re tainted. 

The biggest thing is taking the confidence or momentum from this game and taking into a ranked road matchup next week against Michigan State. Gotta win that one for progress.

• Fire 1