Oklahoma: What did we learn?

27 minutes ago, Undone said:

"Martinez is indecisive and doesn't stand tall in the pocket. He's constantly scared of the pressure and won't keep his eyes downfield."

I think that got an audible "dayum!" out of me. Shades of Mo Purify or T Nunn just snatching balls out of the air. Omar could be something special if we can keep him on the field. He could be a good possession guy for us with those hands and his size.

3 minutes ago, Redux said:

Yeah after the awe wore off I'm like "......he shouldn't have done that"

Right away I said "that was f#&%ing stupid". I mean I guess it's better than letting us play the tip drill with Toure in great position behind the play, but he should have just dropped it.

Fun game. Downtown Norman was almost exclusively Husker fans last night. The stadium is real nice. We could learn a lot about game/crowd atmosphere from them. 

and I’m tired of people thanking me for coming. Condescending. And the thanks you got quiet in the 4th. 

penalties were devastating. I have no idea if they were good or bad penalties. But just killer. 

I thought we played as well as possible. Good game plan and executed well. Really proud of Adrian. It’s possible that this kid will hit up out all time board and never get to play a bowl game. 

the defense showed signs of fatigue on the last drive, but an an excellent day for them. OU is a 3rd down monster, but the guys held up well. 

and if you can’t do the small and automatic things we’ll never win anything. I have no words for the kicking game. It’s embarrassing. 

anything about Ervin?  It looked like a bad knee injury and I was surprised when he left not on a stretcher. 

22 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Can anybody explain why we don’t have a lot more quick hit pass patterns? Seems to me we constantly put Adrian in a bad position with all these long developing pass plays. Even our TE routes take forever to develope.

Because we get called for OPI...

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ZRod said:
41 minutes ago, Undone said:

I think that got an audible "dayum!" out of me. Shades of Mo Purify or T Nunn just snatching balls out of the air. Omar could be something special if we can keep him on the field. He could be a good possession guy for us with those hands and his size.

I’m hoping this gives AM confidence that he can throw more 50/50 balls to Manning and Betts instead of holding the ball a bit too long by moving off of them as an option too quick.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

I’m hoping this gives AM confidence that he can throw more 50/50 balls to Manning and Betts instead of holding the ball a bit too long by moving off of them as an option too quick.  

I agree that Manning and Betts need to be more involved, but the type of passes you describe also open up the possibility of an interception, which would get Adrian killed by his detractors.

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

I agree that Manning and Betts need to be more involved, but the type of passes you describe also open up the possibility of an interception, which would get Adrian killed by his detractors.

I’m fine with that.  Those people don’t  understand the game then.  They need to watch some NFL highlights and see the top QB’s in the game throwing balls that are basically saying my guy is better than your guy.   But that’s much different than throwing those balls into double coverage which would obviously not be good.  

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

But bagging on Adrian gives cover for Culp. Who’s ego should we protect? 

• Haha 1
Just now, Archy1221 said:

I’m fine with that.  Those people don’t  understand the game then.  They need to watch some NFL highlights and see the top QB’s in the game throwing balls that are basically saying my guy is better than your guy.   But that’s much different than throwing those balls into double coverage which would obviously not be good.  

Agree, we see top level QB's throw jump balls all the time...ncaa or nfl...if he is throwing it up, not into constant double coverage, I will take that...those are the things (stretching the field) which we have been missing 

3 minutes ago, UniversalMartin said:

Agree, we see top level QB's throw jump balls all the time...ncaa or nfl...if he is throwing it up, not into constant double coverage, I will take that...those are the things (stretching the field) which we have been missing 

Yep. If Omar is an "NFL guy" you absolutely take your chances on a 50/50 ball. Give your playmakers a chance to make plays. 

1 hour ago, Husker Richard said:

If that performance didn't exceed your expectations, I don't know what to tell you. If someone told you after the Illinois game that we would lose 23-16 to OU and we had the final possession with a chance to tie/win, you would 100% take it and be thrilled. 

I think it exceeded most people's expectations, but they weren't exactly set very high. So what does exceeding them count for then?