Oklahoma: What did we learn?

2 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

Manning seemed to know where he needed to be when catching his touchdown. What has Wyatt’s practice hustle yielded for the team? 

Manning played 33 snaps and was targeted twice.  I don't think it's Liewer that's holding him back from producing.

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Frost routinely said Manning and Betts would have good practice weeks so far only to see them on the bench in games.  He isn’t helping the situation and he needs to allow his talent to play unless their are egregious things going on. 

They played 33 and 27 snaps.  I'm pretty sure that's not qualified as a benching.

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yep….and he was on the field playing.  Was that true last year?

Manning epitomizes a broader urge. If you can’t coach a line to block, play the skill players that can actually run and catch a bit more.  Adrian is out most proven player. Unskilled talent won’t help him. Betts and Manning will. 

I remember Coach Verdu stating McCaffrey knew the playbook better than a lot of people.  He’s in his rightful place now. Let the others of his ilk follow suit. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Manning played 33 snaps and was targeted twice.  I don't think it's Liewer that's holding him back from producing.

They played 33 and 27 snaps.  I'm pretty sure that's not qualified as a benching.

I have seen twice this year Wyatt was a target in an end zone play. That’s the representative issue I have. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
37 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

Manning epitomizes a broader urge. If you can’t coach a line to block, play the skill players that can actually run and catch a bit more.  Adrian is out most proven player. Unskilled talent won’t help him. Betts and Manning will. 

I remember Coach Verdu stating McCaffrey knew the playbook better than a lot of people.  He’s in his rightful place now. Let the others of his ilk follow suit. 

Ilk????  Someone playing as hard as they can are “ilk”????

You just lost all credibility. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
20 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ilk????  Someone playing as hard as they can are “ilk”????

You just lost all credibility. 

Reading your takes, I’ll hold this as a compliment. 

I’ll continue to value results. The best players generally give you the best chance at returns.  Playing guys who practice well and can’t deliver in a game is a losing proposition. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

Reading your takes, I’ll hold this as a compliment. 

I’ll continue to value results. The best players generally give you the best chance at returns.  Playing guys who practice well and can’t deliver in a game is a losing proposition. 

Glad to know you have such great opinions of players that play for your team. 

Good job. 

• Haha 1

More time to reflect. I’m not sure about Frost, but some of the metaphoric holes the boat are getting patched, albeit very slowly. 

we really do have the athletes now. I think we all that that was first priority, and now they’re  here.   

I don’t get this not playing the best guys, but I do think it’s happening. Sorry to you guys arguing it out above me, and not to get in the middle of it, but everyone knows it’s going on. And you can’t tell me that a magic switch went off this week and Betts and Manning suddenly understood the playbook this week and practiced better. And no, Leiwer does not make any of those catches. I get trying to set a culture, but I think he’s a nose to spite my face type guy. No game will be bigger than this week, in my mind anyway, to jump on the fire him or let him stay wagon. I hope he doesn’t regress back to knucklehead   

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

So, the campus is nice but quiet on game day, it was sort of odd.

Campus Corner is a blast.  Fans were great (I was probably the worst)

Got tickets on the 50 yard line (upper deck) for 50 dollars.

Thought the same about game day. Maybe because it was so early or that they sell beer in the stadium do no need to bar it up before. 

Game atmosphere was great. I wish we had a stadium DJ.  

1 minute ago, krc1995 said:

Thought the same about game day. Maybe because it was so early or that they sell beer in the stadium do no need to bar it up before. 

Game atmosphere was great. I wish we had a stadium DJ.  

Yeah, it was weird, it is hard to explain.

The Deli at the end of Campus Corner is fun and cheap!

4 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Corcoran isn't doing anything to live up to the hype, though; kid has got his own row on the Struggle Bus at the moment. 

But he's the equivalent of a redshirt freshman though. And if he's actually injured like some have been saying I think it's too early to make that call.