Oklahoma: What did we learn?

32 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Glad to know you have such great opinions of players that play for your team. 

Good job. 

Certainly. Not going to give Culp a pass because of fans’ bleeding hearts for nice players. Not giving Liewer a pass when he plays in front of more talented kids and then doesn’t make plays. 

this one isn’t challenging. NU is weaker on offense right now than D. The O Line is a mess. How about giving our best O player, Adrian, the most talented targets as often as possible?

But some may think the outcomes at practice should continue to drive Wyatt and his walk on brethren getting high game reps.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

I saw Wyatt Liewer go up and get a ball, and get smashed.  Came down with it.  Play maker.

I saw Omar turn a pass into 30 yards, and also lay out like Liewer (but in the endzone) and come down with it.  Play maker.

I saw Betts going down on the sideline full speed, covered up, and come down with it.  Play maker.

I saw Vokelek stretch out and gobble up a high pass.  Play maker.

I saw Adrian Martinez escape the pocket filled with OU defenders over and over.  Play maker.

Rahmir Johnson blocking in pass pro.  I saw him run quick and hard.  Play maker.

I saw the defense make play after play, and holding a high-powered, fast paced Oklahoma Sooner offense to 21 points and 400 yards.  Play makers.

I see this Husker team ready to go, and ready for MSU.

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 4
2 hours ago, Mavric said:

Manning played 33 snaps and was targeted twice.  I don't think it's Liewer that's holding him back from producing.

They played 33 and 27 snaps.  I'm pretty sure that's not qualified as a benching.

In 63 total team snaps, and you are purposely discounting the previous two games for some reason.  

• Plus1 3

Team played as best as they could.  Penalties were bad. But ST has killed us. Defense is good. Could have been better. Misses tackles here and there, but put us in position to win. Love the effort. Proud of these kids. If you wanna start all over and have a mass exodus in the transfer portal fire frost. Not right now. Let us see how the season plays out. I think we will be surprised. 

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

In 63 total team snaps, and you are purposely discounting the previous two games for some reason.  

I mean ... this is the "Oklahoma: what did we learn?" thread.  So talking about the Oklahoma game seems appropriate.

How many more snaps do you want him to play when he was out with an injury?  Is that Frost's fault too?

• Plus1 5