Oklahoma: What did we learn?

8 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Can anybody explain why we don’t have a lot more quick hit pass patterns? Seems to me we constantly put Adrian in a bad position with all these long developing pass plays. Even our TE routes take forever to develope.

2 things come to mind for me.

1) Frost playbook has yet to evolve where it compliments receivers that can create separation off the line.

2) see #1

We got some legit WR right now, will be interesting the rest of the year...I can see some fireworks coming from this group

I basically see where we're at like this: If we had beaten Illinois and then the next three games (meaning including this one) happened just the way they have, I'm pretty sure there'd be a sizable chunk of this board saying that we're good enough to actually challenge for the West title.

We still might be. If we get a decisive win in East Lansing next week we might just be on that course.

But the special teams problems have to evaporate. Like, completely evaporate starting next week if there's any chance.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I am not sure what's going on with the RB room, other than the guy who practices the best each week gets the majority of the touches. Rahmir did play well. It will be interesting to see what happens down the road. It sucked to see what happened with Ervin. 

Frost said he didn't want RB by committee, but going into this season I felt like that's what we were gonna see.

39 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

One INT that was a helluva athletic play by the OU player.

That maybe have been the most amazing screwup I've ever seen, lol. It was 4th down - they would've had better field position if he'd just batted it away.