Uniforms

Dansker

I thought it was pretty cool for the 50th Anniversary, it made sense.  Maybe they should have came out with the 71 style Jersey's as well that, would've been pretty cool to match!

With that said: I can't stand the Gray Face-Masks nor the Stripes Full-Time.  I don't even like Gray Face-Masks for other teams!  Just yuck & throws the whole color scheme off in my opinion unless it's a color of the team.  The Stripes are just too reminiscent of Wisconsin, Alabama and Oklahoma.  The Stripe-less pants are a way cleaner look and glad we brought them back when Frost was hired.

I'm good with one Alternative per year of course, or maybe rotating in some other things as the year goes on, or something for a special game or something.  Thought the NU Helmet against Buffalo was nice. The Memorial Throwbacks from 2018 were cool too!  Some of the Blackshirt Alts has been okay.  I think Red Stripes on All-Whites is a nice look.

However, I did love the Black Shoes we had yesterday.  They just make the team look tougher.  Wish we'd wear them full-time!

If I had it my way I'd just trout out the 2001 Uniform for a majority of the games: 

Red Jersey
Solid White Pants - No Stripes
Tall Red Socks
Black Shoes

White Jersey
Solid Red Pants - No Stripes
Tall White Socks
Black Shoes

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I like the stripes. Admittedly, in part because I know it bothers some fans. 

The thing that bothers me — is the helmets. I’ve noticed they slowly phased out the original cream helmet design after the Callahan era ended. I notice it especially under certain lighting conditions. Like when we came out the tunnel @ OU you could tell right away they went back to the original cream classic helmets. That should’ve never changed. Now it’s just plain white. I get it with the stripes on pants, we don’t want to look like Wisconsin, etc. maybe it’s time for an overhaul altogether but NOT what they had in mind back in 2002!  :flush

1 hour ago, druski_2k5 said:

I thought it was pretty cool for the 50th Anniversary, it made sense.  Maybe they should have came out with the 71 style Jersey's as well that, would've been pretty cool to match!

With that said: I can't stand the Gray Face-Masks nor the Stripes Full-Time.  I don't even like Gray Face-Masks for other teams!  Just yuck & throws the whole color scheme off in my opinion unless it's a color of the team.  The Stripes are just too reminiscent of Wisconsin, Alabama and Oklahoma.  The Stripe-less pants are a way cleaner look and glad we brought them back when Frost was hired.

I'm good with one Alternative per year of course, or maybe rotating in some other things as the year goes on, or something for a special game or something.  Thought the NU Helmet against Buffalo was nice. The Memorial Throwbacks from 2018 were cool too!  Some of the Blackshirt Alts has been okay.  I think Red Stripes on All-Whites is a nice look.

However, I did love the Black Shoes we had yesterday.  They just make the team look tougher.  Wish we'd wear them full-time!

If I had it my way I'd just trout out the 2001 Uniform for a majority of the games: 

Red Jersey
Solid White Pants - No Stripes
Tall Red Socks
Black Shoes

White Jersey
Solid Red Pants - No Stripes
Tall White Socks
Black Shoes

This is the 2000/2001 design right? Yeah, those were cool and classic looking. Bring that back with the old cream helmets. I think everyone wore that design vs Michigan State in 2018 and I thought it looked awesome.