Huskers open as 3 point underdogs at Michigan State 9/25

seaofred92

Seems about right, -3 at home, tossup on a neutral field. MSU has looked pretty good so far, much better than I was anticipating heading into the season. They handled a hapless Northwestern in week one and went down to Miami and soundly beat a Hurricane team that may also be struggling a bit. Kind of tough to know if the Spartans have really been tested yet but they obviously are not a bad team.

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, Husker4Real said:

NU really needs this one if they hope to make a bowl game.  

I think NU will be favored in just two more games this year…Purdue and Northwestern.  They are going to have to win on the road as an underdog at some point if they hope to break the string of seasons without a bowl. 

I think most would have thought Illinois, Fordham, Buffalo, MSU, NW, Purdue would have been our 6 wins.....MSU looks to be better than most expected.  Save ST's and penalties,  our last 3 we looked  like a football team.  Just no idea which team shows up.......I have no idea where we pick up the 4 needed to go bowling with our remaining schedule. 

• Plus1 2

I agree with the thought that this may be the most important game of the year. If they can earn a win on a second consecutive road game I'd feel pretty good about making to a bowl game. But a loss and things don't look nearly as bright. If they lose to MSU and then beat NW next week that would mean they would need to win 3 of the last six games to go bowling. With the schedule and the inconsistency this team seams to exhibit that would be a pretty big ask IMHO.

• Plus1 1

Two tough road games in a row for a team with a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde mentality over the recent past and I'd load up on MSU here.  If Nebraska surprises and wins then losing a little fetti won't hurt that much.  The danger in betting MSU is losing both ways if MSU wins by 1 or 2. 

We just seem to come out unfocused after a decent showing.  Does anyone remember how we played after Penn State last year?  Hopefully this team is getting tired of near misses and they finally kick the door down this week.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, FTW said:

We seem to have MSU’s number most years unless they have some standout stars which I can’t really tell yet from what I’ve seen. Their win against Miami was impressive but Miami looked bad against Alabama and could still be reeling from that defeat.

Different coaching staff now, and Tucker seems to have Frost's number. 

• Plus1 1

Illinois was the most important game of the year….now it is MSU.  That’s not coach speak next game is always most important either. This game is an absolute necessity if the boys are to go bowling. There aren’t even 2 gimmes left on the schedule. Have to get every one that is within reach and this is one of those.

• Plus1 3