Huskers open as 3 point underdogs at Michigan State 9/25

seaofred92

On 9/19/2021 at 6:52 PM, KCBuc said:

I’m more interested to see if the offense keeps trying to run the ball, use the clock, and get first downs, or if they are going to hurry up and do the 3 and out offense. 

Michigan State's secondary has looked pretty leaky, especially when they were trying to account for King last week.  I expect us to run the ball but I'm guessing the majority of our yards come through the air.  Something like 70/30 air to ground in total yards.    

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Michigan State's secondary has looked pretty leaky, especially when they were trying to account for King last week.  I expect us to run the ball but I'm guessing the majority of our yards come through the air.  Something like 70/30 air to ground in total yards.    

Getting the cart before the horse here.  But, IF we can have a lot of success against MSU through the air and win the game, it will be interesting to see how future opponents change how they defend us and how that opens up the running game.  

If MSU's secondary is that leaky, we might see some of that this game.

10 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Yep. We're gonna throw, they are going to run. Whomever stops the other better will prevail. Both will have penalties but maybe they can make a kick or two.

5 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Yep. We're gonna throw, they are going to run. Whomever stops the other better will prevail. Both will have penalties but maybe they can make a kick or two.

Their kicker is 2/5 on the year, but he has made all his extra points. And a couple of the misses were from 60 and 50 so hard to hold those against him too much. Missed a 39 yarder though.

• Plus1 1