Oklahoma Play-by-Play

Mavric

18 hours ago, Mavric said:

No videos yet but this is interesting...

LOL, I love the dejected/frustrated reaction from 32 on the defense. Everybody got blocked to a 'T.'

I had said prior to the game that our experience in a much more physical conference made us a great matchup against OU's more finesse scheme.

4 minutes ago, Undone said:

Here's a great example IMO of Frost using the players he has and drawing up a high percentage play that works because it plays right into the skills of what each guy is good at executing.

Allen & Vokolek lead blocking on a swing pass? Yeah buddy!

I liked the PA play right after the swing pass.  We need more of those.  Get AM out in space.  maybe the defense falls asleep and we have someone wide open.  If not pick up the easy yards on the ground.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I liked the PA play right after the swing pass.  We need more of those.  Get AM out in space.  maybe the defense falls asleep and we have someone wide open.  If not pick up the easy yards on the ground.

Yes!

Martinez's decision making this season on when to tuck it & run and when to keep looking downfield for an open guy is much improved this season. He's finding a great balance there.

Definitely a "no s***, Sherlock' comment but the other big difference is the athleticism and size of the receivers we're trotting out this year. We've got guys that can get open and go up for passes on some of the broken plays where Martinez scrambles but then still keeps his eyes downfield for the pass.