Oklahoma Play-by-Play

Mavric

1 minute ago, Nebraska55fan said:

You do realize that there is a HUGE difference between a designed rollout or bootleg compared to a "scramble" right?? One is designed via a fake run and blocking scheme, the other is a broken play. BIG difference- that's pretty basic. 

You keep assuming that you are so much smarter than everyone else and have to explain everything.  

Where have I ever said anything even resembling that?

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Mavric said:

And sometimes an inside zone play gets bounced outside and gets fewer yards than if they would have just plunged ahead.

But let's only make assumptions one way that fits what we want to say.

I agree with that- and it ends up hurting the Outside run totals. 

You had the numbers on the runs we pulled with- they seemed really good. Could you post that again for us- or do you only post numbers that fit your narrative? 

1 minute ago, Nebraska55fan said:

I agree with that- and it ends up hurting the Outside run totals. 

You had the numbers on the runs we pulled with- they seemed really good. Could you post that again for us- or do you only post numbers that fit your narrative? 

Have you looked up any numbers yourself, or do you just move the goalposts when the numbers others look up don't match your thoughts? That's not really play action, we definitely didn't do any rollouts before that one, etc.

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

6 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Have you looked up any numbers yourself, or do you just move the goalposts when the numbers others look up don't match your thoughts? That's not really play action, we definitely didn't do any rollouts before that one, etc.

I don't chart every play ( I have a life outside NU football LOL) or have access to the numbers others outside this forum have compiled. However Mav has the numbers on what we get when we pull- he's stated them before here, but since that doesn't support what he's saying now- he wont post them. I totally get it.

If you want to post all the bootleg and designed rollouts prior to OU- please do so- it will be a very short list. That is when I stated we weren't doing many designed rollouts or boots. Was very pleased to see the successful one we ran at OU> 

39 minutes ago, Undone said:

Sucks that Ervin got hurt. Even though Rahmir had the hot hand and was getting more touches you could see Gabe finding holes and fighting through for yardage in this one.

Could have really used him for this upcoming game.

I would’ve loved an Ervin/Rahmir 1-2 punch combo. Missing him is going to suck. Hopefully we’ve got another power back to “step” up and make a difference.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Undone said:

Sucks that Ervin got hurt. Even though Rahmir had the hot hand and was getting more touches you could see Gabe finding holes and fighting through for yardage in this one.

Could have really used him for this upcoming game.

Gabe and Rahmir have similar running styles, which is more beneficial given how Austin and Frost want the line to block. 

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, Mavric said:

And sometimes an inside zone play gets bounced outside and gets fewer yards than if they would have just plunged ahead.

But let's only make assumptions one way that fits what we want to say.

Not much you can do there, really good fill and angle by the safety. RB played it well, he just has to make that last man miss. It was actually pretty well blocked, but Vokolek needed to stick with his man a little bit longer (even if he does, not sure it matters). 

The long reception by Vokolek was a similar formation with 2 WR one side and 2 TEs opposite. Cam even pulls to block the backside defender on both plays. Only we motioned a receiver across to the TE side before the snap on the catch. I think Frost caught on to the safety because the 2 plays are only 9 minutes apart in game. The safety bites down hard on both plays and is responsible for the RB. Leaving the TE in one-on-one.

• Plus1 4
5 hours ago, Mavric said:

PLAY-ACTION!!!  BUBBLE SCREENS!!!! FLASH FAKES THAT ARE ACTUALLY REALLY EFFECTIVE IN INFLUENCING THE DEFENESE!!!

This play is playing all the favorites.

Most important part of this play shows some growth in AM’s accuracy this year.  Last year this play hardly ever worked because the receiver rarely caught the ball in stride.  This pass was perfect!!  Combined with excellent blocking of course.  

• Plus1 2