Michigan State Week Pressers

Mavric

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I like this. 

I can't be the only one thinking/feeling this, but it seems like this team is starting to find itself. Dare, I say, establish its culture.

I sense this building momentum and when this team clicks, it really clicks. We have some DUDES on this team and I think they're beginning to realize it. They can line up against anybody and compete. 

That's maybe what I saw from this past Saturday. A very competitive loss that left me with a really good impression.

Or, maybe I'm just sitting here on a Monday night with a nice glass of kool-aid.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
6 hours ago, 308_Husker said:

I can't be the only one thinking/feeling this, but it seems like this team is starting to find itself. Dare, I say, establish its culture.

I sense this building momentum and when this team clicks, it really clicks. We have some DUDES on this team and I think they're beginning to realize it. They can line up against anybody and compete. 

That's maybe what I saw from this past Saturday. A very competitive loss that left me with a really good impression.

Or, maybe I'm just sitting here on a Monday night with a nice glass of kool-aid.

I’m right there with you….BUT…..the next minute, I’m reminding myself, “but we lost”. It was great seeing them compete. But, at the same time, we could have won this game. It feels great but frustrating at the same time. 

I think that’s what the players are feeling too. Tired of being close. 

This week is huge. Do they come out and play that well again?  If so, do they actually win this time?  

If they win, the OU game still feels good. If they lose, the OU game is forgotten as just another close loss. 

As Frost has said, they have to start stacking good games. 

13 hours ago, Mavric said:

Great

I've been saying for a very long time this "no fear of failure" culture has been the root cause of our extremely sloppy play. That is a systemic cultural coaching approach that ISNT working-- hasn't worked. Looks like he may be turning around from that nonsense. 

You can coach positive without being permissive about reckless play, poor technique or weak effort.  

Something that always makes me roll my eyes is when fans complain and claim "The coach threw the players under the bus".  WTF???  Sometimes the players need criticized by the coach.

Did anyone hear Jerry Murtaugh be interviewed on the radio before the OU game?  He told the story of his sophomore year in 1968.  They went into the OU game and got destroyed.  I think the score was something like 45-0.  He said Devaney came into the locker room and said PISSED, "Senior, I never want to see you again.  To everyone else, your a$$ is mine in the spring!!!" and walked out.

He said everyone was scared to death going into spring and it was the hardest group of practices he ever experienced.

They went out and beat OU the next year.  They went on and won the first NC the year after that.

• Haha 1