Michigan State Week Pressers

Mavric

19 minutes ago, Jpetermbb said:

I usually find going through the teams ticket office better. Spent 50 a piece on tickets this upcoming weekend where websites like stubhub wanted to surcharge each ticket like 20 bucks

Good call- I thought they would be sold out- they aren't. 

https://msuspartans.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3AMICH%3AF21%3AF02%3A&linkID=michst&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=FH&cgc=&dataAccId=778&locale=en_US&siteId=ev_michst 

3 hours ago, Undone said:

It's pretty incredible that this kid might be making an actual impact this season.

If he can help give the team any edge in this game and plays his fourth and does well, just pull that redshirt off and play him at Northwestern on out. Like, the program is kind of hanging on by a thread and I don't think it's the time to be thinking about a redshirt senior season five years from now when the "here & now" is so critical.

I agree also.  Even if he has some issues due to being still pretty green obviously Turner can jump right back in.  I'm not closing the door on Corcoran yet either.  Hoping he can heal up also if that is still an issue for him. 

Prochazka just looks like he is built different.  It was fun watching him man handle those smaller OU defenders.  I remember when we signed him how super stoked I was that we landed him.  Same with Turner.

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, Mavric said:

This guy must suck as a coach.  Doesn't even have a dedicated Special Teams Coordinator.

Well if Coach Frost ends up putting together this guys record and is presently in the Top 25 like his team is- I'm guessing most of us including me will gladly give him a mulligan for having a few flags on special teams AND would trust that his approach on coaching special teams is helping us win games.  What I want to know is- did he have 4 flags on his first offensive drive though? :D

2014 North Dakota State 15–1 7–1 T–1st W FCS National Championship 1 1
2015 North Dakota State 13–2 7–1 T–1st W FCS National Championship 1 1
2016 North Dakota State 12–2 7–1 T–1st L FCS Semi-finals 3 3
2017 North Dakota State 14–1 7–1 1st W FCS National Championship 1 1
2018 North Dakota State 15–0 8–0 1st W FCS National Championship 1 1
North Dakota State: 69–6 36–4  
Kansas State Wildcats (Big 12 Conference) (2019–present)
2019 Kansas State 8–5 5–4 T–3rd L Liberty    
2020 Kansas State 4–6 4–5 7th      
2021 Kansas State 3–0 0–0

9 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Something that always makes me roll my eyes is when fans complain and claim "The coach threw the players under the bus".  WTF???  Sometimes the players need criticized by the coach.

Did anyone hear Jerry Murtaugh be interviewed on the radio before the OU game?  He told the story of his sophomore year in 1968.  They went into the OU game and got destroyed.  I think the score was something like 45-0.  He said Devaney came into the locker room and said PISSED, "Senior, I never want to see you again.  To everyone else, your a$$ is mine in the spring!!!" and walked out.

He said everyone was scared to death going into spring and it was the hardest group of practices he ever experienced.

They went out and beat OU the next year.  They went on and won the first NC the year after that.

TBF, that is not throwing a player under the bus.  The coach can and should chew player’s butts on the field, at practice, in the locker room, in private etc. but IMO it’s a bad look to do it in the media or in a presser as an excuse offering. There may be some players that will respond that way but it wouldn’t seem to be the best way.

Yeah, when we heard that the MSU head coach didn't want more than the allotted 2,500 Husker fans there we decided to cancel our plans and stay home to help honor his wishes instead of HUSKER POWER in the stands there.  LMAO.  

No explanation needed on that guy saying that about us;  he's just naive about Nebraska football fans.  Plus wants to drive up the street ticket pricing.  Perhaps he's got a fistful.

37 minutes ago, hagg said:

Yeah, when we heard that the MSU head coach didn't want more than the allotted 2,500 Husker fans there we decided to cancel our plans and stay home to help honor his wishes instead of HUSKER POWER in the stands there.  LMAO.  

No explanation needed on that guy saying that about us;  he's just naive about Nebraska football fans.  Plus wants to drive up the street ticket pricing.  Perhaps he's got a fistful.

Or it's a good marketing ploy to try to create revenue for the university.  They still have a pile of unsold tickets.  Most aren't very good seats but Nebraska will travel.  

I'm pretty sure that somebody asked Frost on Monday if Ervin's injury was season-ending and he gave a more candid comment than usual. It was something to the effect of "We're still waiting to hear back from the doctors, but it is a possibility."

Assuming that we make a bowl and the talk of Frost getting fired at the end of this year dies down (big assumption possibly), a serious injury for Gabe sucks bad.

You've got this talented true freshman that needs the reps to grow up and crush it next season and now he may not really get them.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Undone said:

Assuming that we make a bowl and the talk of Frost getting fired at the end of this year dies down (big assumption possibly), a serious injury for Gabe sucks bad.

Obviously that's a possibility.  But it would seem pretty unlikely barring a Mike-Riley-2017-style collapse.

As Sean Callahan pointed out yesterday, when you have the guy in charge of the entire operation in your corner, you're in a pretty good spot.

• Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Obviously that's a possibility.  But it would seem pretty unlikely barring a Mike-Riley-2017-style collapse.

As Sean Callahan pointed out yesterday, when you have the guy in charge of the entire operation in your corner, you're in a pretty good spot.

Yeah and I honestly didn't intend for the conversation to delve back into that topic of how hot Frost's seat is. Even though I did bring it up.   :)

Mainly I'm just looking at how we've gotten a little momentum going here and Ervin is a part of it - sucks if he's out for the rest of the year not just for this season but also because of what getting a full 12 games in could do for him next year.

• Plus1 1