Jaquez Yant???

BenchCoach

I just watched the end zone angle of the stiff arm first down run for Yant.  He either has really good vision or made up his mind before hand but seems like good vision.  There was a defender coming in right away and taking an inside angle.  Yant planted his foot as he was getting the ball so he could make the move to the outside.  He was pretty impressive with making moves and hitting the holes.  

• Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 3
1 hour ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I just watched the end zone angle of the stiff arm first down run for Yant.  He either has really good vision or made up his mind before hand but seems like good vision.  There was a defender coming in right away and taking an inside angle.  Yant planted his foot as he was getting the ball so he could make the move to the outside.  He was pretty impressive with making moves and hitting the holes.  

Yes, surprisingly shifty and good feet for such a big RB.

5 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I liked his other run when he stiffed armed the dude and then picked up the first down.  He creates a problem for defenders because they get ready to tackle him head up because he's so big and then he makes a cut and puts them in position to have to make an arm tackle and that's not gonna be easy.  

the one where he pushed the guy backwards 5 yds onto his a$$?

3 hours ago, Decked said:

I don’t think he got solo tackled the whole night. First tackler usually got a wicked stiff arm or ran over. 

This was still a nice run but the first guy pretty much gets him.  The first move was a nice sidestep but he tried to make another one when he shouldn't have.  It did take help to get him all the way to the ground though.

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

I'm not trying to make fun of anyone.  But it's always crazy how much Husker fans love them a big back.

So far, I the only play I've seen where the first guy DIDN'T get him tackled was the first long run.

What about the one where he stiff armed the first dude to the ground?  That was later on, right?

11 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

What about the one where he stiff armed the first dude to the ground?  That was later on, right?

I think so.  I don't know how many of his runs Chaz has posted so far but I haven't seen that one. 

Right now there is the one long run where he got past the first guy.  On the other three, the first guy got him wrapped up at the ankles.

18 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I'm not trying to make fun of anyone.  But it's always crazy how much Husker fans love them a big back.

So far, I the only play I've seen where the first guy DIDN'T get him tackled was the first long run.

Awesome- so the back who has the best day all season by a LONG shot-  6 games worth, 120 plus yards- no negative plays- gets nit picked- but everyone else gets a pass?

Nice ;)

Was at the game- saw plenty of tackles he ran through on the big screen etc Haven't rewatched it yet. 

24 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Another of Yants running through tackles. TRUCKS the MLB one on one. 

I have a feeling we’re going to be seeing more highlights like this.  Most backs are tackled by that LB.  Yant is a difference maker for sure.  

• Plus1 1