Who wins: MSU VS Nebraska - Poll

TGHusker

MSU vs Nebraska   

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

To get to a bowl game, we have to win this game or 'steal' a game from some place else.  Time to start a winning streak.

I'm going with Nebraska by 7.  We finally get over the hump and win one of those close games.     I think we end up with a score in the 24-34 range by both teams

While a win would be great, I don't think it will be a signature win as I think the season will prove MSU is not worthy of the top 25 ranking.  

• Plus1 5

I said MSU by 8-14. I think this would be a huge win for Frost if he can pull it off, but I have seen 1 step forward two steps back from NU football for far too long. I have this feeling in my stomach that we have been feeling ourselves a little too much after playing well Saturday.  If we win I think a lot of weight will be off everyones shoulders....Scott, Trev, the Team, the Fans - it would be such a good thing for this program, but like I said, I need to see it first. 

• Plus1 2
21 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I said MSU by 8-14. I think this would be a huge win for Frost if he can pull it off, but I have seen 1 step forward two steps back from NU football for far too long. I have this feeling in my stomach that we have been feeling ourselves a little too much after playing well Saturday.  If we win I think a lot of weight will be off everyones shoulders....Scott, Trev, the Team, the Fans - it would be such a good thing for this program, but like I said, I need to see it first. 

This right here is why I think it would be a signature win. Not because it's a ranked team but because it would be a sign that the team is learning how to win games by going from a a good showing against ou to winning on the road at night the week after a tough loss.

• Plus1 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1

Too many missed tackles vs OU tells me we’ll struggle to stop Walker unless we load the box.  Plus I can’t imagine us being successful running the ball.   We’ll keep it close though.   If we do win, it most definitely will be a signature win for Frost.   He’s never won this type of game at NU.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

I really don't even know with this team. I expect a win for several reasons - I think MSU is riding high after beating some teams that are just not as good as people thought, our players seem to have then right attitude coming off the close loss, and on paper we match up well. Our DL can hold up against anyone, and I'm no longer worried about guys just missing gap fills. We don't always tackle well, which could become a problem with Walker. But we should be in position to slow them down. And for all the complaints about our pass D (or CTB I guess), it's been really good this year. I don't think Michigan State has a better passing game than OU.

But I just have no clue with this team.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, irafreak said:

it would be a sign that the team is learning how to win games by going from a a good showing against ou to winning on the road at night the week after a tough loss.

Like Nelson said  - 'we are tired of 'being this close'.   I'm thinking this team is 'hungrier' than the past teams.  So 2 good performances in a row would be a turning point. 

• Plus1 1

The other matchup thing I forgot - apparently the secondary is their weak point on defense, and with Toure playing well and Betts/Manning getting some momentum that's good for us. I'd feel better if Martin was 100% and the OL was protecting well. But I'm more confident in us being able to take advantage of a porous pass defense than a bad run defense.

• Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Like Nelson said  - 'we are tired of 'being this close'.   I'm thinking this team is 'hungrier' than the past teams.  So 2 good performances in a row would be a turning point. 

I agree, they do appear hungrier and appear to be a closer unit.  Saturday will hopefully make 4 good performances in a row.  I know to a lot of people Fordham and Buffalo don't count but considering how the last few years have gone, I think they should.   

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Hilltop said:

I agree, they do appear hungrier and appear to be a closer unit.  Saturday will hopefully make 4 good performances in a row.  I know to a lot of people Fordham and Buffalo don't count but considering how the last few years have gone, I think they should.   

Yep, I agree.  When a team loses to a team like Troy as we did a few years ago - a win is a win and every win is a good thing.

• Plus1 1

I hoping for a win, just nervous about the focus going into the game. 

Just hung with the #3 team in the country, too often we have seen a team do above expectations to only sink the next week. 

I'm hoping the focus is there that they have so much to prove still. 

Huskers by 7 or Less to take a bit of pressure off Frost. 

But you gotta make a bowl game still. 

• Plus1 1