Who wins: MSU VS Nebraska - Poll

TGHusker

MSU vs Nebraska   

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, Jpetermbb said:

Reason for optimism is that this is a MSU team with some holes. They are not very far removed from having serious talent and depth issues and we really have no idea how good their wins are yet this year. We can get 7 in the red zone rather than trying for 3 and i think we are in good shape. 

Agree- Their opponents are a combined 3-5 with each having one win.  Northwestern beat Indiana State (only scored 24), Youngstown beat Incarnate Ward, and Miami beat App State on a last minute score.  It is difficult to tell how good MSU really is based on that body of work.  Their QB has put up some pretty solid numbers but that is made a lot easier when Walker is running at will and defenses have to stack the box.  He has thrown to some pretty wide open guys for the most part.  I believe if we can slow the run down and put them on their heels early, we stand a great chance at winning.   

MSU is feeling confident since they're 3-0 so I imagine they'll be pumped to keep the winning going. Nebraska has to bring a solid offense and defense for this game. Hopefully special teams play wont get in the way. Even average special teams play should be enough for Nebraska to win handily if the offense and defense play like they did against Oklahoma. Of special teams sucks again it will come down the wire again and likely end in another close loss for Nebraska.

6 hours ago, TGHusker said:

To get to a bowl game, we have to win this game or 'steal' a game from some place else. 

I agree with everything you're saying but steal one game later on? Up until now Scott Frost at Nebraska is

- 1-2 vs Northwestern

- 1-2 vs Purdue

- 1-2 vs Minnesota

- never beaten a ranked team

We're playing those 3 teams and 5 ranked other ones. Every win after Buffalo on is at some level a steal. Not saying we can't, but to get a bowl game at this point is going to require bucking trends. Our back is very much against the wall right now.

• Plus1 4

55 minutes ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

I agree with everything you're saying but steal one game later on? Up until now Scott Frost at Nebraska is

- 1-2 vs Northwestern

- 1-2 vs Purdue

- 1-2 vs Minnesota

- never beaten a ranked team

We're playing those 3 teams and 5 ranked other ones. Every win after Buffalo on is at some level a steal. Not saying we can't, but to get a bowl game at this point is going to require bucking trends. Our back is very much against the wall right now.

All good points. Time to buck those trends and live up to the preseason coach speak

7 hours ago, Mavric said:

I went with the Huskers with a close win.

I was going to say yes to the signature win because it would be a Top 25 win on the road at night.  But I'm not sure that will really take the heat off for a lot of people so I said No to the second question.

Same here. I do think it would be a signature win of sorts but I also don’t think it takes the heat off for more than a week. People really want to get to a bowl game and see an improved record and something that shows things are/will be better. One game over MSU doesn’t do that.  

I also don’t agree with the premise that MSU doesn’t belong in the top 25. What I’ve seen of them is fairly impressive.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I really want to believe that Nebraska will build on last week's overall effort and pull off a victory; unfortunately, they haven't done anything in recent memory to prove they can win close games with an equal (or even slightly lesser) opponent. Therefore, I'm going with Sparty by 5.

Last week you predicted Oklahoma to win by 62.

So with your accuracy apparently the Huskers should win by 57 this week.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

You conveniently failed to mention how I won the contest a couple weeks back. In addition, I was hardly the only one to predict an Oklahoma blowout. Nice try, though.

Guilty as charged. I thought those hillbillies were gonna steam roll Big Red. Twas a pleasant surprise.

MSU by 6.

• Plus1 2

I've fallen trap to thinking we learned something from the Oklahoma close loss. I know I've seen this movie before, we think we grew from a close hard fought loss, only to be disappointed in the following weeks, but that dreadful thinking is no fun. This is a must win game for Nebraska as it's one of the few left on our schedule where the opponent is not overly daunting. Still a very tough team, but not a mountain of an obstacle like Ohio State or Michigan. So with the little bit of hope I have left, I am going with Nebraska winning a very close game, so close I'll have a few close calls with a heart attack and post a few fed up and frustrating posts.

I also think winning this game does take heat of Frost because he already got a relatively favorable spotlight with the close game versus Oklahoma and winning this week against a ranked MSU team, sets up a lot of positive hope for a win next week versus Northwestern.