Who wins: MSU VS Nebraska - Poll

TGHusker

MSU vs Nebraska   

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't know who's going to win and by how much.  Neither do you.  Probabilities say we'll lose.  By how much is up for grabs because we've had small point losses and we've been routed. 

If we win this game, after coming close to beating the #3 team in the country, heck yeah it'll make us all feel more positive about SF.  "Take the heat off?"  For now, yeah.  But there are a lot more games to play and we're very used to seeing disappointment played out.

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, soup said:

They win this game and then follow it up losing to NW at home next week. 

Because that's how they roll. 

This is why I picked us to lose.  We haven't put together back to back games of playing great during Frost's tenure here.  We played really well against OU and if history repeats itself, we will have a letdown against MSU. 

• Plus1 1

Nebraska has a horrible recent history of laying eggs in games like this.  It's frustrating and it's perfectly understandable why Husker fans would be skeptical of winning this game.

However, what makes me feel a little more confident is that I seriously believe the talent that has been on the field this year is much better than the last few years.  Also, 2AM is healthy and has played well in the last three games.  

I think we win this game.  But...dang....the field goal kicking, O line and our defense's ability to keep their RB in check has me nervous.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, soup said:

They win this game and then follow it up losing to NW at home next week. 

Because that's how they roll. 

I think it's more our style to win this, then beat NW and have a ton of hype going into Michigan. Where they get blown out in front of a national audience. But that's what I was dreading against OU and it didn't happen, so who knows! This week we could definitely lose as well, I go back and forth on this game.

1 minute ago, Stumpy1 said:

This is why I picked us to lose.  We haven't put together back to back games of playing great during Frost's tenure here.  We played really well against OU and if history repeats itself, we will have a letdown against MSU. 

We've played well back to back weeks, just not well enough to win back to back weeks. Last year 2 of our better games were Iowa and Purdue, with Iowa obviously being an L. 2019 we came off of a blowout win against Maryland and played pretty well against Iowa, but still lost. If we beat Oklahoma I'd be very worried about a letdown this week, as it is I'm only moderately worried. 

• Plus1 1

I'm rooting for the signature win, for all the talent to step up, to build on the confidence we saw against Oklahoma. It's more than possible. 

But gun to my head? Betting my own money? 

I've had my hopes dashed too many times. There's a good chance Michigan State learned more from the Oklahoma game than we did. 

Also it's a home game, where weirdly enough we seem to do worse. 

Competitive in spurts, but MSU by 17.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
51 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

.... but not a mountain of an obstacle like Ohio State or Michigan.

Just curious why so many view Michigan as such a great team?  They went 2-4 last year and haven't played anyone with a pulse this season.  Their signature win is over a Washington team that lost to Montana.  We learn more tomorrow when they play an improved Rutgers team and then we will really find out on Oct 2nd, the week before they play us, against Wisconsin.  Until then the jury is out and I'm optimistic playing them at home in what could be our third night game in a row.  Wouldn't it be fun going to Minnesota sitting at 5-2.    

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Just curious why so many view Michigan as such a great team?  They went 2-4 last year and haven't played anyone with a pulse this season.  Their signature win is over a Washington team that lost to Montana.  We learn more tomorrow when they play an improved Rutgers team and then we will really find out on Oct 2nd, the week before they play us, against Wisconsin.  Until then the jury is out and I'm optimistic playing them at home in what could be our third night game in a row.  Wouldn't it be fun going to Minnesota sitting at 5-2.    

I don't think Michigan is a playoff team, but Harbaugh has put together 4 top 20 teams in his 6 years thus far. This years team looks like another top 20 type team for Harbaugh. People crap on Harbaugh a lot, but 34-16 in the B1G speaks for itself, and he's 11-4 against the East (only losing to Iowa and Wisconsin). Everything about Harbaugh's history makes me think Michigan will be a tough game no matter what. 

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Similar to Penn State, I think last year affected them more than most for some reason. They have more talent than anyone not named OSU in the Big Ten, and seem to have finally found an offensive identity. I don't think they're a top 10 team, but top 20 seems like a safe bet. We'll really only know more about their offense when they play Wisconsin the week before us though.

• Plus1 2

I think the Huskers will play well enough to win by a couple scores, but turnovers and home night game will keep the game even. Special teams cost Huskers the game in the 4th in a close one.

A faction of Husker fans would find a way to complain about an upset over tOSU. Nothing but winning the B1G will get Frost off the hot seat. I think Frost has got at least one more season though unless we lose the rest of our games.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Hilltop said:

Because Michigan is bigger and stronger than us and has more depth and the last time we played them they absolute dominated us and we haven't seemed to fix the problems we had from the last time we played Michigan.

Same goes for Minnesota. They will completely over power us and dominate us and make it look like we enjoy it because we don't seem to try and stop it. We are smaller and weaker compared to many of these Big Ten teams.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, BoNeyard said:

Because Michigan is bigger and stronger than us and has more depth and the last time we played them they absolute dominated us and we haven't seemed to fix the problems we had from the last time we played Michigan.

Same goes for Minnesota. They will completely over power us and dominate us and make it look like we enjoy it because we don't seem to try and stop it. We are smaller and weaker compared to many of these Big Ten teams.

I think that’s part of why this week means a lot to me. I’m not going to say OU was overrated, they had a ton of talent and I think it’s silly to discredit our road effort by saying OU wasn’t as good as advertised.

But, it felt like a Big10 vs Big12 matchup where it felt to me that despite the talent, they didn’t hit us like the rest of the Big10 does. I actually felt Buffalo was more physical. Nothing to quantify that so just my opinion and I could definitely be completely off-base. This week is going to be physical. Chins basically said the same thing where he expects a difficult matchup in a different way than OU. The rest of the season is going to be physical. Thankfully, we look more physical than years past so I’m hoping we are up for the test.