Who wins: MSU VS Nebraska - Poll

TGHusker

MSU vs Nebraska   

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I really felt like they played well last week,  and seeing it in person gave me hope for a bowl.  However, Frost is 4-13 in road games in 4 years with wins over Illinois, Maryland, Purdue and Rutgers. This would be quite a different win.  If we can get this one leaving 3 more for a bowl, with Minny/NW/Purdue upcoming I'd feel pretty good about those prospects.  Maybe we beat one of the other big 5 ranked teams also for good measure.  Lose this one any we are forced to beat 1 or 2 of the big 5 which will be tough.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Caliborn72 said:

I think that’s part of why this week means a lot to me. I’m not going to say OU was overrated, they had a ton of talent and I think it’s silly to discredit our road effort by saying OU wasn’t as good as advertised.

But, it felt like a Big10 vs Big12 matchup where it felt to me that despite the talent, they didn’t hit us like the rest of the Big10 does. I actually felt Buffalo was more physical. Nothing to quantify that so just my opinion and I could definitely be completely off-base. This week is going to be physical. Chins basically said the same thing where he expects a difficult matchup in a different way than OU. The rest of the season is going to be physical. Thankfully, we look more physical than years past so I’m hoping we are up for the test.

This game tells us whether or not we learned anything from the Illinois loss and the close fight against Oklahoma. It's a huge game with bigger implications than just the results on the field. With all that seems to be on the line with this game, I am very much looking forward to an emotionally invested Saturday night.

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, runningblind said:

Love the thought but you I'd be shocked if they actuallly trotted out to attempt that FG.  Tie game, they're playing for OT. Losing and it's hail mary time.

why not try for a fg, i am assuming it's the last play? culp has already hit a 50 yd fg. now depending how much time is left and to's remaining, thats a different story.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, BoNeyard said:

Because Michigan is bigger and stronger than us and has more depth and the last time we played them they absolute dominated us and we haven't seemed to fix the problems we had from the last time we played Michigan.

Same goes for Minnesota. They will completely over power us and dominate us and make it look like we enjoy it because we don't seem to try and stop it. We are smaller and weaker compared to many of these Big Ten teams.

They are not bigger- Michigan's average weight per their 2 deep of both lines is 306.5.  Nebraska's is 306.  Nebraska has a clear size advantage at the receiver and tight end position.  We are not giving up size to Michigan.

Stronger??  No way to measure this objectively.  

Michigan had serious depth issues coming into the season along the lines and brought in transfers to help fill the holes.  Yes, their backups have more stars by their names but most are unproven.

The last time we played, both teams were completely different.  Our last game against them was in week 3 of Scott's first year.  Martinez was hurt but played about half the game.  We had Bunch under center... this is the week after we lost to Troy.  If you can go watch the Troy game and then any of our last three games and tell me we aren't a different team, you are crazy.  Michigan was also a vastly different team.  They won 10 games with their only conference loss to Ohio State. 

Minnesota is a good football team.  They might beat us again... but it isn't a guarantee and they definitely are not a superior team in measurables.  They have played cleaner football and have better special teams.  Those two areas will likely be the deciding factor in our matchup.  If we play clean, frankly we are a better team and should win 8 out of 10 times. 

It's almost as if you haven't seen Nebraska recently.  We have big linemen, huge receivers, and have dramatically increased strength and conditioning.  If our special teams was good this year, we would likely be a top 15 team sitting at 4-0.      

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, desertshox said:

why not try for a fg, iam assuming it's the last play? culp has already hit a 50 yd fg. now depending how much time is left and to's remaining, thats a different story.

True.  He can miss no matter the time left or time-out situation. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, desertshox said:

why not try for a fg, iam assuming it's the last play? culp has already hit a 50 yd fg. now depending how much time is left and to's remaining, thats a different story.

35 minutes ago, hagg said:

True.  He can miss no matter the time left or time-out situation. 

35 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Yep- And he hit a 2nd off the upright- not like he missed badly.

I was just thinking the blocked XP returned for 2 last week I witnessed. Wasn't Culp but still.

51 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

TBF Culp hit a 51 yarder against OU.

True but that was the one make and he still has 5 misses in 2 weeks.

I believe we will win this one.  I had it penciled in at the beginning of the season and won't change it now.  It will be a bigger win than originally thought before the season.  

For me, there is no game on the schedule left that is a "signature win".  At this stage in the season, I'm just hoping to build something sustainable.  Let's win this one and then not let NW play amazing to beat us or even be competitive.  That would be a nice momentum build into this season and give it some real flair with lots of possibilities!

• Plus1 1

Does our running game show up in the first half? Or do we constantly get just 2 yards on first down, go into halftime down by a touchdown and then have to play from behind in the second half?

Either way, if we pass protect well throughout the game I really think we put up a minimum of 28 points and win the game.