Who wins: MSU VS Nebraska - Poll

TGHusker

MSU vs Nebraska   

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Michigan State be like - 
"Don't sell tickets to Nebraska!" - Coach Mel Tucker
"Top 20!"
"Fill the stadium with green!"

"Focus!"
"Throwback helmets!"

Nebraska be like -
"We coming to finish.  See you Saturday night."

Regards,
Ben Stille
Adrian Martinez
JoJo Domann
Austin Allen
Deontai Williams
Damion Daniels
Cam Jurgens
Luke Reimer
Samori Toure
Matt Sichterman
Ty Robinson
Travis Vokolek
Garrett Nelson
Omar Manning
Zavier Betts
Nick Henrich
Chris Kolarevic

Rahmir Johnson
Caleb Tannor
Deontre Thomas
Cam Taylor

Chris Hickman

Marquel Dismuke
Pheldarius Payne

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 4
Just now, FrantzHardySwag said:

In the last 5 years we're 12-24 in B1G play, 0-12 against top 25 teams, 4-16 on the road. I don't think people are "scared and emotional" just expecting the same thing until proven otherwise. 

The only game of importance is Michigan State.  But, thanks for the past history with those stats.

The Huskers are confident.  The Spartans are trying to create energy and emotion, but they are the team that's 3-0.  That's more than enough to tell me they are super nervous.

And yes, read some posts.  Many husker fans are nervous and scared because blah blah blah the past once happened blah blah blah  it will always turn out the same way blah blah blah. 

We going to be okay.  :)

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1
23 hours ago, Hilltop said:

They are not bigger- Michigan's average weight per their 2 deep of both lines is 306.5.  Nebraska's is 306.  Nebraska has a clear size advantage at the receiver and tight end position.  We are not giving up size to Michigan.

Stronger??  No way to measure this objectively.  

Michigan had serious depth issues coming into the season along the lines and brought in transfers to help fill the holes.  Yes, their backups have more stars by their names but most are unproven.

The last time we played, both teams were completely different.  Our last game against them was in week 3 of Scott's first year.  Martinez was hurt but played about half the game.  We had Bunch under center... this is the week after we lost to Troy.  If you can go watch the Troy game and then any of our last three games and tell me we aren't a different team, you are crazy.  Michigan was also a vastly different team.  They won 10 games with their only conference loss to Ohio State. 

Minnesota is a good football team.  They might beat us again... but it isn't a guarantee and they definitely are not a superior team in measurables.  They have played cleaner football and have better special teams.  Those two areas will likely be the deciding factor in our matchup.  If we play clean, frankly we are a better team and should win 8 out of 10 times. 

It's almost as if you haven't seen Nebraska recently.  We have big linemen, huge receivers, and have dramatically increased strength and conditioning.  If our special teams was good this year, we would likely be a top 15 team sitting at 4-0.      

I’ve seen us play recently, we continue to have the same problem as we have the last 10 years. 

illinois had their backup QB come in and beat us, in large part to their offensive line just overpowering our defense and having a long sustainable drive to open the second half.

We had one moral victory vs Oklahoma and it seems many of us think we can beat anyone. The fundamental problems remain. We are weak where it matters. Until the team proves me wrong on the field, I’ll continue to ignore the podium talk.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, BoNeyard said:

I’ve seen us play recently, we continue to have the same problem as we have the last 10 years. 

illinois had their backup QB come in and beat us, in large part to their offensive line just overpowering our defense and having a long sustainable drive to open the second half.

We had one moral victory vs Oklahoma and it seems many of us think we can beat anyone. The fundamental problems remain. We are weak where it matters. Until the team proves me wrong on the field, I’ll continue to ignore the podium talk.

It's not unreasonable to hold that opinion but that is a lot different than your initial post and doesn't acknowledge the things you were exaggerating.

By the way, Minnesota sure looks like a great team after losing to bowling green lol.  

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Hilltop said:

It's not unreasonable to hold that opinion but that is a lot different than your initial post and doesn't acknowledge the things you were exaggerating.

By the way, Minnesota sure looks like a great team after losing to bowling green lol.  

We don’t win the war in the trenches with any of those teams I mentioned. Laugh at Minnesota’s loss all you want, it doesn’t change that they likely run over 300 yards on us.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, BoNeyard said:

Defense isnt the reason we lost that game 

40 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

We don’t win the war in the trenches with any of those teams I mentioned. Laugh at Minnesota’s loss all you want, it doesn’t change that they likely run over 300 yards on us.

What has the defense done to show anyone will run for 300 yards on us?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, BoNeyard said:

Sure seems like we are winning in the trenches right now.  Be negative all you want.  You are entitled I guess.  We are a different team.

• Plus1 1