*** Official Michigan State Game Thread ***

Mavric

2 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

So… he’s being truthful? At some point, the obvious needs to be pointed out. They can coach until they are blue in the face, players making dumb decisions sometimes have zero to do with coaching, practice, etc. 

When it happens over and over and over and……it is on the coaches.  If it’s all about the players, then why don’t the successful programs have these same problems over and over again. It’s called discipline.  And it comes from coaching. 

• Plus1 2

Let me ask you something, 

If Scott Frost said the punt was supposed to go right, and by all means the team would have probably discussed which way that punt was going, and the boneheaded punter kicks it left...what the f#&% do you want Scott Frost to do about that?

It's so amazing that the players just get a pass like they have no ability to do anything. That the coaches are just holding PS3 controllers playing NCAA Football 14.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, It'sNotAFakeID said:

Let me ask you something, Internet geniuses. 

If Scott Frost said the punt was supposed to go right, and by all means the team would have probably discussed which way that punt was going, and the boneheaded punter kicks it left...what the f#&% do you want Scott Frost to do about that?

It's so amazing that the players just get a pass like they have no ability to do anything. That the coaches are just holding PS3 controllers playing NCAA Football 14.  

Why is it every punt that has been returned for a TD was kicked to the wrong guy.......Maybe if he had hired a dedicated ST coach this crap wouldn't have happened.  This is the 3rd or 4th game we have lost because of a punt return.  Iowa and Wisky come to mind.  Its year 4 and the same sh1T.......It's not the players.  It's the coach.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, It'sNotAFakeID said:

Let me ask you something, 

Why are they trying any directional kicking with what ST has shown???

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

So we should lower our expectations. When can we start to expect to win? We should not have lost this game. Period.

Nope, we could have won that game.  Correct.  You don't go and fire Frost after those two losses.  The players are playing hard.  

Fire Frost at the end of the season if you like.  It would be stupid to do so now.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

He put trust into the wrong people I’ll give you that. I think he’s aware that changes need to happen and I firmly believe some staff moves will occur this off season. 

That said, changing coaches again will only recycle the regime change deal and we will spend several more agonizing years dealing with coaching philosophy changes or a revolving door of assistants. Not good

I don’t buy it. I see other programs with Year 1 or 2 coaches doing just fine. We have talent. Fear of the unknown should not be a deterrent nor a deciding factor. 

• Plus1 2

1 thing  scott can do is dedicate someone to coach special teams.  it's like no one has any idea what the f#&% they are suppose to do out there.  relieve them of other duties and have them actually spend time coaching these guys instead of whatever they are doing now because that certainly isn't working.

Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I don’t buy it. I see other programs with brand new coaches doing just fine. We have talent. Fear of the unknown should not be a deterrent nor a deciding factor. 

We have the talent… now. Which other programs specifically are you referring to with changing coaches and having immediate success? Fair warning, I’ll counter you with our past four head coaching changes and then raise you with Texas and Tennessee and their revolving door of coaches the past 20 years.

5 minutes ago, commando said:

1 thing  scott can do is dedicate someone to coach special teams.  it's like no one has any idea what the f#&% they are suppose to do out there.  relieve them of other duties and have them actually spend time coaching these guys instead of whatever they are doing now because that certainly isn't working.

I would move Verduzco to being a QB analyst before the plane leaves the tarmac, and I would move Bil Busch to full time special teams coach.