Where are all the PJ Fleck is better than Frost people now ?

On a personal level I don't like Fleck. If he was my neighbor I think I would egg his car.  People who want to demonstrate their emotions and be validated all the time drive me up a wall.  But it's hard to argue with on-the-field results.  With the Gophers' soft remaining schedule, Minnesota should expect to finish 4-2 the rest of the way, making an 8-4 season.  I'm chalking up Iowa and Wisconsin as losses, since Fleck never beats genuine rivals.  But if the team performs against either of its two most bitter rivals, Minnesota could finish 5-1.

Maryland at home WIN

at Northwestern WIN

Illinois at home WIN

At Iowa LOSE

at Indiana WIN

Wisconsin at home LOSE

September 25th prophet checking in. 

Life has me watching taped games these days. NW was such a pleasant surprise. I sped through commercials and enjoyed the blowout. 

Today? 3 and out on O had me hoping that drive was anomalous. The next Minny drive told the tale. Not only was it not like the NW game, it was the too familiar “damn, we’re not ready.”  After 14-3 I checked the score on ESPN and saw 16-21 them, our ball. We flubbed the game from there as I watched live losing so much hope from the close losses of weeks past.

Deflating. The game looked too familiar of four years of underperforming. 

We needed that one.  Instead we decided to plug the holes of the Fleck kayak and give it new life. 

• Plus1 2