Michigan State: What did we learn?

Offensive line is a joke. We can’t run effectively. We have guards pulling and blocking people from behind, wtf? Tackles don’t protect well and allow too many sacks. Martinez misses wide open reads too many times. I’m not sure how you constantly overthrow someone who is almost 7 feet tall. 

Special teams have cost us 2 losses now. Frost needs to go. I think he’s a terrible coach who’s very overrated and overpaid. Defense is decent. Once again they were just put in horrible situations but when it matters most they fold.

Players and coaches keep looking at each other for answers. This team has no real leader and no accountability for mistakes. HCSF is 4 years too late to fire assistants now. Unfortunately, it seems inevitable that Trev Alberts is going to be convinced to clean house. We can’t continue to put a poor product on the field like this. No way we get to a bowl this year. We will be lucky to finish 5-7. Either way no bowl, Frost has to go.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Blackshirt_Simonsen said:

This solidified it for me that it is 100% the staff that is holding this program back. Hats off to the defense. Best game I’ve seen in a LONGGGG time. But we have the talent to succeed, we just don’t have the coaches. Sad as always after a Husker game.

All but defense, I agree. 

• Plus1 1

Toure is amazing. That route cost us, though.

This OL isn’t it. Do something different.

Martinez is keeping our offense from fall to pieces. His accuracy failed tonight, but I don’t know that Mario would not destroy Trevor Lawrence’s accuracy.

Defense is badass. 

Garrett Nelson isn’t the pass rusher we need, but he is becoming a big disrupter.

Michigan State fans at the stadium don’t understand football well. They were booing the most obvious ref calls.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, irafreak said:

I'd actually be okay firing frost mid-season just to find out how much of a negative impact he's having on the offense. That drive to take the lead was beautiful. Maybe chinander could cure the false starts of he were allowed to get in there. I don't know. This team just consistently gives games away.

100% would love to see this.

- The defense gave up 36 yards in the 2nd half and Overtime.  Read that again.  36 yards.  They were amazing.  Chin is really earning his check.  So are the other D coaches.

- 2AM has a lot of heart, but his missed reads killed us today.  And a few overthrows hurt too.  I have grown to be a huge fan; I love his fight.  But his play reflects...

- Every coach not on the Defensive side is simply bad.  Play calling, discipline, toughness, development...they're bad.

- O Line is just awful.  Couple that with Adrian struggling to read and fire fast...bad combo

- Worst ST I've ever seen.  Ever.  Simply absolute atrocity.

This team is better than last year.  They fight hard.  They just can't do it with this Staff.  

This loss was devastating, frankly.  Unless they can build and win a couple they should not, there's no bowl chance.  

EDIT: I'm torn on the people that are calling for Frost's head.  I liked the fire on the sideline today.  And we are so damn close.  Ambivalence is a b@#%!

• Plus1 6
  • Fire 1